Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

test fire

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grizz02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Test fired my muzzle brake on my rem 870 marine worked great lathed it up out of 1-1/2 stainless

DoubleO7
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks great, milled slots?
Are you interested in making another and selling it?

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have muzzle brake/flash suppressors on the SKS rifles I have. My wife says it helps on hers but I did not notice a change on mine. I would like to have one on my Russian 98/31 but have not found one for it

grizz02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes I milled the ports and sorry no because its best to have barrel in hand because mine is a press fit. you can buy a clamp on one for around 150.00 but to me there not as sleek as the interference style which I have not seen available which is why I built this one i put the barrel in the freezer and heated the brake i copied one that mike dittman made on line

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You did a great job on that muzzle brake. I have 2 muzzle brakes one is on a ss Ruger Mini 14 and other on a blued Ruger 10/22. top one on Mini 14 and bottom 10/22 and both made of stainless steel.

jdr1943
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have muzzle brakes on my 300ultra mag.and my 7mm ultra mag makes a world of difference but make sure you have ear muffs.

BMACK518N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Being an interference type fit, nothing locking it in place, is there an issue keeping the front sight ball true?

grizz02
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no I never removed the sight from the barrel the brake is slotted on top

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: test fire Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Super nice job . It looks great !

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters