Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MS Edge Back Button not working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: MS Edge Back Button not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you had an upgrade to MS Edge in the last couple of weeks, you may notice that when you hit the back arrow after filling out a form, you get an error message that says "This Page was just here a second ago", and the page won't display. An example of this can be seen in our parts catalog, you click on parts, enter a part number or category (like generator) and after you look at the parts you searched for, you can't back up to search for something else. To do so, you have to click the button for refreshing (not the link) and then it will display.

I thought this might be a new security feature to stop people from backing up into a form where they have entered data, but it's looking like it's just a bug in MS Edge. Though people have complained to Microsoft about it, I couldn't find where they have acknowledged it and have a fix on the way. Their responses to complaints suggested they thought it was an installation problem, which it definitely is not given how common it is across the web. Reports of it are starting to build up.

If you don't have Firefox or Chrome and can't install either for some reason, rest assured we will be trying to figure out how we can stop this from happening on our end. Some sites don't have the problem and some do, and if we can figure out what the difference is, possibly we can change our server software to get around it. I'd guess that Microsoft didn't test enough sites to find this, only the really big ones. Of course we tend to run very old applications that people prefer and there is a downside to that because a vendor doesn't test old software before releasing their browsers. At present, everything we've thought of appears to be a dead end, but we are working it.

I will note that I could not reproduce this problem on Modern View if that is any help to forum users.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: MS Edge Back Button not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is really no update on this yet. We did a test that failed to prove anything. I put in a complaint with Microsoft on their forums and offered to help out since we can mess with the server side (most of the complaints they have are from users who can't see what is happening on the server side). I doubt much will come of that though. We'll try some other things though as we come up with ideas to try.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: MS Edge Back Button not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So far we haven't made any progress with this. It has been filed as a complaint in the Windows 10 feedback application which is available on every Windows 10 machine. I'd suggest filing a complaint about it. In the meantime, we have been working on it each day and run a lot of tests, but we haven't found the way around it. I would imagine we will eventually, but the tests take time and it disrupts the site for some of them, causing other problems for people not using Edge.

Again I'd like to mention that you can double click on the back arrow and bounce right over the error message to the page prior to where it's occurring.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: MS Edge Back Button not working Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We made some progress on this and came up with a workaround. If you run across a place on the site where you get this, please report exactly what page you were on that you couldn't get back to.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters