Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Worthington Lawn Tractor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IronMan84
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello everybody, my Father and I recently picked up this old Worthington tractor, and was looking for some info and maybe get an idea of what it's worth? Any info would be greatly appreciated Smile

Very Happy Smile

Last edited by IronMan84 on Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ShadetreeRet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IronMan, Google "Worthington Lawn Tractors". I found a lot of info including a history of the company according to Wikipedia.

Zac C
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is an excellent tractor, I would love to have it, and it should be quite fun.
-You asked about value, the answer to questions like this are generally "Whatever someone is willing to pay." As you likely know this was once a Model T Ford which has been converted to a tractor, there are lots of model T's out there so their value is not too great unless they have had a great deal of documentable money invested into rebuilding engine, axles, etc.. Any value here above that of Model T parts in this comes from the tractor conversion and the few of us that collect doodlebugs.

The engine serial number would indicate February of 1927 manufacture date for the original vehicle consistent with the rear wire wheels used in the later years of T production there is no good image of the rear end but judging again by the wheels it is a standard T rear, thus the machine is not geared to do heavy work but more likely was used on a golf course or similar service to pull mowers. Worthingtons generally have non T steel tractor wheels, there were also steel "turf" wheels for machines used as mowers, I would suspect these have been lost to time sadly...

Do you plan to restore it either mechanically or totally? Most likely any mechanical questions will be Model T related so there are lots of people who can help out there. I have a couple of doodlebugs, but neither is specifically converted by Worthington.

Conversiont
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IronMan - I have been looking for a T-based Worthington for a LOOOOONG time. If you are interested in selling her, I am very interested in buying her. Please contact me: Maybrooktractors@aol.com

bobinmi.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple of these golf course tractors and the one thing they have in common is that it cost way more to restore than they are worth. That said, the one you have is worth a good amount of money just simply because of its completeness. To find one in this condition is rare. I would think at least 1500.00 to 2000.00 in it's condition. If the radiator did not leak, it would have to be worth 500.00 I would think, possible more.

A man out east wrote a book about the Worthington Co. and there mowers. Please do some research before selling, don't give it away unless to someone that will promise to restore it as a Worthington Golf Course Tractor, it is that rare.

IHJill
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Worthington Lawn Tractor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IronMan84 wrote:
(quoted from post at 15:03:28 07/13/15) Hello everybody, my Father and I recently picked up this old Worthington tractor, and was looking for some info and maybe get an idea of what it's worth? Any info would be greatly appreciated Smile

[img]http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/mvphoto2432

8.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/

I .jpg[/img]

Very Happy Smile
[img]http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/

Hi! Can anyone possibly help me out as what color a Worthington G6 should be painted? Dad has been strapping layers of paint! Red, white l, yellow. His tractor is a Red Seal with the Continental engine. Also, a book was mentioned in this forum. Any ideas as to where I could purchase a copy?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

.jpg[/img]

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Lesser Known Classics All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters