Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drvtrain
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will a model 72 combine roll onto an 8foot wide trailer? How wide are the tires apart? Got about 200 miles to haul it. Thanks

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is anybody around the one your hauling that can measure center of one tire to center of tire on the other side?

If not you'll have a hard time figuring out how wide it is unless your run into somebody. Only worry about center of tire, I haul equipment for a dealership and if I can get center on each side I've hauled lot's of miles with no problems.

Just remember you chain for the accident, not the ride.

drvtrain
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, that is good advice. The owner lives in another town. Not sure if I can get him to do that???

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Offer him some cash if at first he says no. I've paid guys $20 to go do something like that, sometimes its the best/only option.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If he will not do that then he has no interest in selling you the combine and I would question on anything he tells you to be the truth. I do not think they will go on a trailer like that. New they were hauled sideways with platform and toung off to be installed by dealer before delievery.

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-drvtrain wrote:
(quoted from post at 08:22:15 01/08/1Cool Will a model 72 combine roll onto an 8foot wide trailer? How wide are the tires apart? Got about 200 miles to haul it. Thanks

I googled and maybe this post will help you out.

http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?t=324643

May be a different machine than what your talking about but that one did NOT fit.

mchapin
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I recall, my trailer is 8' 4" wide. The model 72 split the tires. The right side overhangs about two feet. Watch for narrow roads, road construction and towns with sidewalks along the curb. I had an interesting trip. But glad I did it. Model 72 works great.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My low boy is full 8 ft 6 in wide and I only had 3 inches off tire on each side. You will need good help and time loading it. Where are you located?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A model 66 will not fit an 8.5 trailer. I added a 13 inch outrigger to haul mine. It had corn head on it, which was to the outrigger side. Next time I"ll run it on the trailer, then block it up on the main trailer, so the outrigger does not support the corn head.

drvtrain
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi jm, I talked to you on the phone, I found a 72 near Jackson, I live near Lonoke,AR. May be a couple of weeks before I can go get it, just trying to make some plans now. I want to thank everyone for the good advice I have received, knowledge is power!!!!

krumenacker
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could also pull it home. I pulled mine about 90 miles from the auction with a Honda CRV.

Put about 20 pumps of grease in each wheel bushing. Use a ratcheting turnbuckle to lift the head.

Back roads are too bumpy, stick to nice state roads with bike lane and you can go 25-30mph. You will need to straddle the bike lane with your vehicle. The left hand pick up is game changer.

Saturday/Sunday mornings are good. Be sensible, check it every few miles, make sure the bushings aren't getting hot, etc.

It's fun, you learn something, and might save enough to get something else fun.

This is mine after a summer of work.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8KhC0GEZPg

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jackson Tenn I guess? Like I said get help loading it and be careful. Glad you found one closer I really did not need to sell mine, sooner or latter I will need it.

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would just pull it. It is going to be an oversize load if you load it and will probably get attention you don't want. Height could also become an issue loading it, if it is a very high trailer deck. If you do load it and decide to get permits then you will need signs flags and blikey lights for front and back.

TomYaz
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Help! Hauling a AC 72 combine Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will not roll onto on a 96" trailer. It will on a 102" trailer

See video. Model 66, wheel base the same.
Load All Crop 66

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters