Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What year?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KEB in GCMS
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish people would take 5 minutes and do a little research. Especially when the year is even on the front of the tractor.
Not my post. Don't know that I would pay that much for a Jubilee either.
Untitled URL Link

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The year is not important with a tractor, you have the range of the model. The seller may be an expert on other things, and I think that his pics tell what you need to know in order to make your decision on whether or not to call.

pomester
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

do I see an extra lever at the PTO side cover?

Scott D Orbaker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

showcrop,

In general you are correct in that the exact year may not be necessary. In this case the seller states he doesn't know what year the tractor is. The second picture clearly shows the front medallion of a 1953 Golden Jubilee-the only year to have that medallion.

Scott

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Scott D Orbaker wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:35:59 01/09/1Cool showcrop,

In general you are correct in that the exact year may not be necessary. In this case the seller states he doesn't know what year the tractor is. The second picture clearly shows the front medallion of a 1953 Golden Jubilee-the only year to have that medallion.

Scott

I still don't see why it is necessary. The pics still tell enough of the story for anyone to know whether they are interested or not. Anyone that goes and looks at it could probably tell him a lot about it that he doesn't know, like that it has five times as many hours as he thinks that it has, LOL. Just as the seller could tell you or I many things about the things that he knows about that you or I have no clue about.

sotxbill
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

pomester wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:01:44 01/09/1Cool do I see an extra lever at the PTO side cover?
sure looks like a howard??

pomester
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What year? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm not sure - I don't have any hands-on experience with them - does look like there's something extra there tho -

decent looking tractor, doesn't look like it's been thrashed to death, altho it is missing the drawbar and associated pieces and the fuel line is kinda special - but I don't like mowing without live pto - hope it finds a good home

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters