Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ot. Home owners insurance

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just dropped Farmer's Ins. after 10 or 11 years, never did trust it with all the paper work that came with every renewal, looked to me like it was made to baffle you with bull sxxx. Never had any problems with it but the price increases never slow down. Got Auto Owners now on a car, truck and home owners for half the price of Farmers, same coverage.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am with Farmers Mutual and never see any adds but we do see a lot of adds for Farmers Group Ins.

retired farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Aren't they all still crooks?

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have insurance thru Virginia Farm Bureau,Farm owners,two houses on this farm and two rental houses in another county always treated me good.

TomR Ont
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bill b va

The Insurance Co may be Regulated but is the Independent Insurance Brokers?
It?s not always the Insurance company that over charges you, or puts you in a higher bracket.
We have what they call Independent Insurance Brokers.
We had an Independent Insurance Brokers for 20 some years; last increase was 10% way too much.
Friend told us about their Broker, we switched saved 50%.
Had her for about 10 years no problems, no excessive premiums, no deleted coverage.
Well she sold to an accounting firm that thought they were Lawyers, Dobson, and Dobson & Dobson.
Premiums went up maximum every year. So we went with another broker about 25% less, the kicker
Was its the same Insurance Co.
I had a fender bender in the mall parking lot the guy backed into the box on my truck he admitted it was his fault, the adjuster was so aggressive trying to make it 50-50 so we both would have to pay or classed as a 1st time at fault accident.

The Collision Reporting Centre, will not give you a copy of the other guys report.

Now we are with CAA, if they get out of line we will switch again, just don?t get any tickets when changing.

You don?t know what Insurance you have until you need it, then you might not have it, be careful with deductibles.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was hit buy another guy and his agent(small town and we all know each other) told me that American Family Insurance was not going to pay my claim. He said the guy who hit me was not on the policy(his wife's truck) I asked the agent if he wanted to make a bet on the outcome of that statement. I called my agent and told him the story,of course I had to pay my $500.00 deductible, but SF fixed my truck and sent me a check for $500.00 about four weeks later. You do not insure people, you insure cars and trucks.

TomH in PA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try the same place you get car insurance from, they often give package deals.

Butch(OH)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, every bit if my insurance is with A O and they are the best!

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to look at service also. Or, are you one of those guys who shop by price only? You won't get better service from Auto Owners. I have home, auto, farm and umbrella insurance with them and have no intention of changing to someone else.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have had State Farm on the house and farms the last 4-5 years. Had Farm Bureau prior to that and it double in price in short period of time without any claims. The agent had slowly added coverage I had never asked for. So I switched and saved 40%. I hate to say it but it seems with insurance companies you need to switch every 4-5 years to keep good rates. It seems like if you stay longer they think they can turn you into a cash cow ready to be milked.

They all talk about the BIG saving having both your car and home at the same place. I have found that to be a crock too. My Auto gets shopped annually. Have not had them both at the same place in 15 years or longer. 3-5% off for both when your getting reamed 40% extra is not any saving.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

have had state farm for 30 years. house, vehicles, trailer. multi discount.

PaGlenn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had Allstate Ins when my farmhouse burned down in 2007. They took care of everything building and contents including antiques. They renewed the insurance without any increases. Of course when I moved to NJ after the fire they would write me a policy for auto, but said they do not write any property ins for NJ at that time.

W_B
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Retired Farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 01:15:26 01/11/1Cool Aren't they all still crooks?

Having worked for a fine insurance organization for the last 38 years I take offense to that comment. Crooks come in all industries and retired farmers are not immune to that.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Ot. Home owners insurance Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just got my quote back from Allstate. They can save me $ 80.00 per 6 months on the autos and $ 134 per year on the house. I'm grandfathered in on the house with a low deductible. New quote is for $ 1,000 deductible.
I have auto-owners now. Had them for 38 years on my cars !
Not sure if the price alone is enough to bother changing ? I fear that if I switch a new company could up it extra money in a year on me ?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters