Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Does anybody make a battery tray that fits?/instrument cl...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OBwan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Does anybody make a battery tray that fits?/instrument cl... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

78 Ford 3600 Diesel.

Tried twice, once was this site, to get a battery tray for the tractor(long one). Both weren't even close. Hole for mounting pin was too small and the support bracket won't allow the tray to seat properly and line up with the pin. Does anybody know of a vendor that sells something that fits?

Also need an instrument cluster. This is what mine looks like, I know I need the voltage stabilizer but all I've seen have four prongs on the stabilizer and as mine shows I have a double plus one. Other than insuring I have a counter clockwise needle will most of the aftermarket wire up?

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anybody make a battery tray that fits?/instrument c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't help with the battery tray but I put a eBay aftermarket cluster in my 3600 and it worked fine. The replacements have a box that looks like a voltage stabilizer but all it really is is a junction box. The meters in the aftermarkets do not need it.

Only issue I had was the tach cable hitting the lip on the fuel tank and not letting the cluster go in far enough. I just bent the lip on the tank over a bit to clear the cable.

BobReeves
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Does anybody make a battery tray that fits?/instrument c Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Forgot to mention.. My 3000 has a battery tray that was made by a previous owner out of sheet metal. He used the old mounting bracket and welded it to a new tray. It works fine.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters