Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford blue paint code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
riveroadrat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recently bought some blue spray cans from the dealer and the paint seems to be darker than what i used to get. Does anyone know the paint codes for the 62-64 models?

Larry NCKS
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dunno the codes, but back when the color change was happening they called it "old Ford blue" and "new Ford blue".

ed1
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I ran into the same problem! I have a 74 5000 and can't find the right color for touch up.

Dopp Creek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Search for "Empire Blue". It is lighter than the Ford-NH blue that is most common these days.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've not been able to find the proper blue paint for the 63-63 Ford models.

Yes, it is darker than either of the blue paints sold now by CNH, neither of which is correct.

I have seen some aftermarket paint called old Ford blue as mentioned by Larry but have not tried it, so do not know if it is correct.

Good luck.

Dean

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Dean wrote:

Dean, I believe this is the info you are looking for:

Early Ford Tractor Blue Paint Codes
Ford - WT8002
Ditzler/PPG - 13582
DuPont - 6544
Martin Senour - 10158
Sherwin Williams - J5-1825

The early Ford tractor paint color was also used on the 1968 Ford Mustang. Paint code WT8002 also known as Sierra Blue.

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-dopp creek wrote:
Search for "Empire Blue". It is lighter than the Ford-NH blue that is most common these days.

DC, no disrespect but I do not believe Empire Blue is the correct color for early Ford Tractors.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree.

Empire Blue is Not correct for 63-64 Ford tractors.

Dean

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That sure looks right.

Thanks, Bill.

Dean

Dopp Creek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No disrespect noted. I'm always happy to learn what I don't know or learned incorrectly. Glad you got the codes for the man.

TinCan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dollar Bill wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:40:22 01/12/1Cool
CVPost-Dean wrote:

Dean, I believe this is the info you are looking for:

Early Ford Tractor Blue Paint Codes
Ford - WT8002
Ditzler/PPG - 13582
DuPont - 6544
Martin Senour - 10158
Sherwin Williams - J5-1825

The early Ford tractor paint color was also used on the 1968 Ford Mustang. Paint code WT8002 also known as Sierra Blue.

Hmmm, I painted my Mustang, 2005 GMC Sierra Blue

Pat

Dopp Creek
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No disrespect noted. I'm always happy to learn what I don't know or learned incorrectly. Glad you got the codes for the man.

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford blue paint code Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TinCan wrote:
Hmmm, I painted my Mustang, 2005 GMC Sierra Blue

You painted a Ford with a Chevy color - Blasphemy! Very Happy

Interesting that GM and Ford have a paint with the same name.

Nice looking Stang!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters