Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

vac side curtains

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I noticed the parts book shows side curtains for the vac. Were these common? I have never seen a picture of a vac with them on. And then the big question, does anybody have a set for sale?

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I believe they were for the stationary units only. Looking at mine it seems there would have to be some modification to create ones for the actual tractor.

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Also, if you were wondering as a way of directing heat back to the operator I have attached a link to Burch Manufacturing Company Inc. which makes the Heat-Houser cabs. They do not specifically sell one for the VAC but they DO sell one for the 300 which would be a very close fit I would think. They are a bit pricey though...
Heat Houser

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes that is what the parts look like in the parts book. Not using mine for winter operation so don't really need them. I was curious how they would look and I think being smooth it would be a little too much smooth metal going all the way back to the platform. Grew up with Olivers and the 70's had nice curtains but they were louvered so they improved the looks some. I don't think they would add much eye appeal to the VAC as that little cover over the sparkplug wires is one of the more interesting things on the tractor.

I could be using a heat houser next week though. I am going up to Marcus Iowa to ride in the annual Freeze Your Nuts and BOlts of Tractor ride. Not taking my Case 300 mi for that. I will either be on a friend's R MM, which is also a nice little tractor, or my Dad's (now brother's) 1650 Oliver. That tractor has high gearing in it. Our 50 mile tractor ride would only take a little over 2 hrs if I was leading the pack with that one! BUt the slowest tractor leads and that is my other brother's 8n.

I really like that R MM, but those things are very pricy. I can have 2 or 3 VAC for what one of those bring.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Started farming in 68 with a 64 Western Special 930 no cab. That first fall Dad bought me a Heat Houser from TSC....cost $100. Next fall I bought a Ansel cab for it....was actually warmer behind the comfort cover than in the cab.

8NHENRY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: vac side curtains Reply to specific post Reply with quote

our 1650 we bought used had a Cozy Cab on it, dad traded the cab even over for a heat houser, think we got the better end of that deal.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters