Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

For Loren and all the Woodsman out there

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: For Loren and all the Woodsman out there Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is a little more modern log and lumber tool and I use it quite often. We had the Wood-Mizer down to other place and cut a large curly maple and it wouldn't go thru the carriage of the LT40, so I cut a slot the full length with big Husky and then cut wood wedges about 8" thick to nothing about 18" long and split it and sawed each piece.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: For Loren and all the Woodsman out there Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ohh boo!!! That is a paper back. This has got me wantin a for real
hard back crusty old copy. He he.

PJH
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: For Loren and all the Woodsman out there Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A guy that I worked with sold timber to a black man and his son off of his farm in Williamson County, Illinois. They cut the logs and dragged them into a loading area with a JD "A" farm tractor. One morning about 3 am, he was awakened by a racket outside, and he went to investigate. The son had that old JD "A", and was loading logs onto a truck in the manner shown in your third picture. The land owner asked him what the h3ll he was doing out there at 3 am, and the son replied that he had to catch a bus at 7 am to go to Army basic training, and he wanted to get the logs loaded so his dad wouldn't have to do it by himself. I never got to meet the son, but I met the father, and he was a class act.

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: For Loren and all the Woodsman out there Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I loaded a 5 foot diameter pecan log on a trailer using that technique with a Ford tractor.
Very interesting book.
Richard

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters