Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RLP in Co: He is cleaning the seed to a higher standard than you do to grain sold in the general market. It could be cracked or damaged kernels, untrashed hulls, weed seeds, dirt, or anything that is not the targeted seed. This raised the germination rate and lowers the chances of seeding Weeds along with your crop.

The biggest thing the seed cleaners do is remove smaller things out of the seed. Most combines usually do this mainly by air flow. So if you get a small seed that is heavy it will end up in the grain tank along with the harvested crop.

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hey Rocky--There is a BIG clipper on this weeks Purple Wave auction.---Tee

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pics---Tee

caterpillar guy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

TEE the top screen looks like it is upside down in your picture.
We have a 32 that we use some and have considered how to set it up to use in a more efficient way. The old
shed it is in has a bin for about 200 bu over it with an old roller feeder from a combine to keep it from plugging from chaff,straws and such. Dad and grandpa put a bagger attachment on the front of it for bagging clover seed many years ago then had a littler MM combine elevator to lift it to the spout for the bagger. When not in use it would just spill into a pit to another elevator leg to put grain in bins overhead. We need to be able to clean faster for loading out on trucks or wagons when combining. This used to keep up with an old Gleaner E.

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-big tee wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:41:43 01/13/1Cool Jeff, something like this--Clipper 2-B---Tee

I have this exact machine in my barn. We use it a lot when I was a kid. Set up with an electric motor.

Gene

GeneMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just noticed, my 2B has a clean grain elevator on it, so it may be a later or improved model. Maybe the elevator was an option.

not sure.

Gene

rlp in Co.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for that answer. Would not be good to plant weed seeds along with your crop.

gab
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That looks the one on the farm back in the 50,s. Don't remember being used much though.

Frank 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Monsatan put these out of business when roundup came out. Clarence Thomas's first vote on the supreme court, was to allow Monsatan to patent seed even though he had worked for them.

Maybe BM(Bayer and Monsatan) will let your plant your own roundup beans. If the gene that they put in beans prevents this, you will just take an asprin.

TimWafer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Re: Clipper seed cleaner I'm working on. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here is an old video I made kinda explaining how the clipper 2B works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUE2IiBtKrw

I still use it with a couple modifications. Got a reversible motor and got rid of the flat & twisted belts. Still would like to get rid of the clean grain elevator & replace it with an small auger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4zC9RDEnU

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters