Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Massey 300

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the guy that own's it has ever taken the head off he can tell you really quick if it was quick attach or not. If he hasn't look really close at the end of the throat by the corn head. It's been almost a year since I've messed with one that old but I believe it's built like an 860, The top of the throat will have a round peg that sticks out on either side that will slide up into two upside down slots on the top of the head. (If I remember right, don't hold my feet to the fire on that) The bottom will have some basically bolts but instead of a bolt head its got a little hook (think of something like the hook on a 3 jaw puller) that will hook onto the bottom of the corn head and you tighten them up. One on either side. I can't remember for sure, we sent one up to Mankato this fall but I didn't work on it.

pjbofmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you you've been a great
help

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No problem if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Let me know if you guys end up with it. I’ll have to come up and tear it up for ya lol

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very good chance that you can get a nice Model F gas for $1000.

boberjagel
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad and neighbor bought a 2 year old 300 gas in 69. We were replacing Massey 26 and Masseys were very popular and we were SO proud to have such a top of the line machine. But we had plenty of problems but swallowed our pride and really wouldn't admit the problems even when neighbors would ask. At some point we just got to thinking it must be normal. Well the operation grew and by golly no matter what we were going to have two 300's to get the crop in. Scoured the whole area and couldn't find one as they were still the most popular. Crunch harvest time and decided Gleaner E or JD 55 as last resort. JD 55 won out and it was eye opening. Controls were not nearly as friendly and it had the wagon banger unloading auger. But guess what, dad and the neighbor sat in the machine shed year after year fixing the 300 while I did 80% of the harvest with the 55. We just never had any problems what so ever with the 55. So those 2 went away for a 7700 and it was almost as bad as the 300. So you just never know.

pjbofmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You know where an F is?

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I take it you are in MN? Watch on craigslist, check area shoppers, advertise in The Land magazine (Mankato), Midwest Farm Guide. I have 2 F parts machines.

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there is nothing to worry about with a massey 300 combine ..if it is close , and looks good , the family tells good trusting history story ,, all should be well ,it will cost 2-3 dollars per mikle

GreenEnvy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We ran Massey 510s from 1964 to 1979. During that whole time our cousins who farmed right next to us ran a JD 105. We laughed at them because we had a turret auger, variable speed cylinder/fan and just a sleeker looking combine. Turns out the joke was on us. Their 105 out lasted our 510s by 20 years and I know we spent 3x the repairs and maintenance on our 510s. They did later buy a 7700 at a local auction in the early 90s. It was already wore out and should have been scrapped. They overhauled it but still wasn't near the combine the 105 was. They finally retired the 105 in the early 2000s.

danofarming
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Massey 300 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pass on it. there are no parts available. Find you a IH 1400 or 1600 series.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters