Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Clutch pedal has no tension

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcglockin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is this where y'all drive the wedge?[/img]

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pictures courtesy of John Smith - Link

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

BTW this is a pix of one that the parts were so worn the clutch would not release that sounds much like yours.

mcglockin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:00:32 02/08/1Cool
BTW this is a pix of one that the parts were so worn the clutch would not release that sounds much like yours.

Yes they we worn pretty good. I replaced the whole assembly. But when pressing the pedal it would give a little resistance then go all the way down. Then I would have to disconnect the linkage from the pedal to reset it. Feels like something is not catching on the inside.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then I would have to disconnect the linkage from the pedal to reset it.

Got to be sum'N to that statement... I will sleep on it... Sounds like your are driving past something and have to back up to see it again
Info I think you left out till now....

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I would get hold of the leaver and give he a spin its got to come to a stop somewhere and no need to back'er up...

mcglockin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:11:19 02/08/1Cool
I think I would get hold of the leaver and give he a spin its got to come to a stop somewhere and no need to back'er up...

Ill give it a shot, any specific way? Or whatever way itll turn? Do you think the clutch fork got spun around? Thanks for all the help!

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mcglockin wrote:
Is this where y'all drive the wedge?

Be sure to hammer them in fairly tight. If one should fall out, the engine could flop over to that side. That's excitement that nobody wants.

mcglockin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok thank you!

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mcglockin wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:23:52 02/09/1Cool
Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:11:19 02/08/1Cool

Ill give it a shot, any specific way? Or whatever way itll turn? Do you think the clutch fork got spun around? Thanks for all the help!

I would think in it original direction of travel its not gonna fix it but prove what you may find once to get into it....

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Apologies, I posted this in the wrong place.

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Been thinking about your "reset statement" I am not sure what you mean by dat. Take the floor board (FB) off the FB is the pedal stop it would be interesting to see how it works from there...

All in and done with the fix the FB needs to put back on to adjust and check normal operation Wink

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

mcglockin, did you figure out what was wrong with your clutch?
I took this roll pin out of an 8N. It reminded me of your post.

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Clutch pedal has no tension Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What Royce said - Inquiring minds want to know.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters