Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 5000 Super Major

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm going to try to post some pictures of what I have here I've had this tractor fall in my lap I really like to know more about it and what it is and maybe how much it's worth. I'm told it is not ran for the last two or three years but it's supposed to run good. It is located in Augusta Georgia USA.

cdmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's of 1964 vintage. A good general purpose tractor in its day.
It's kind of hard to gamble on a tractor that doesn't run.
You could part it out for $500 or more depending how fast you want
it gone. To get it running, you need at least $500 in tires and
a good cleaning of fluids, such as draining the bottom pint or so of
water condensation in engine and drive line. Sometimes the injector pump
gets sticky. If you know what you're doing it's not too hard to get it
freed up. I've got one with many, many hours, but it starts easily.

brownsmule
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

some interest IF you decide to part out or sell whole. email open pwb

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went today and checked it out very well it all looks together the oil in the engine seems to be black I guess I could drain and make sure there's no water in it before I do it. From what I gather it used to have a dozer type blade on it I can't tell how many hours it's got on it because the gauge is messed up there. It does have probably a $500 or more 6 foot box blade on the back. When you say vintage apparently vintage doesn't make it worth anymore correct. We were able to turn the fan over and the motor is not locked it moved over quite easily and the first thing we noticed is some diesel fuel leaking out of the injector front area. So I imagine if I hook up the starter with the battery imagine I'm going to have one heck of a leak there a fuel smells very funny in the tank. I also believe it's been switched over to 12 volt as I see some of the wires are cut and it has what looks like a GM alternator on it. I'm going to go ahead and post some more pictures that I took today. I think I can get the owner to sell it to me for $500 and a couple rides on my nice Harley. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing here as I don't let anybody ride my Harley both tires need to be fixed because there's riveted patches in the tops of each tire.

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gandl2123 wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:06:52 01/29/1Cool

DAF-3 Dossier by ARPS parts available. Evidence of former hydrolics.

cdmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I didn't know about the blade. Add for that. The last time, I bought a pair of tires,
they were nearly $1,000 installed.[Imports]. A little diesel seepage shouldn't bother at this point. Can probably be fixed with a new gasket or adhesive. I don't know what a southern climate does, but I wouldn't think 3 year old diesel fuel would be "bad'.

My use of "Vintage" in this context is just an expression, meaning approximate. It was the last year for English Fordson tractors. They made more of them under a different name in Spain. In the area of old cars, Vintage is something like 1919-1930. I don't know if tractor guys go by that very much. And they aren't like "Vintage Wine", in that certain years are better than others, but some might be thought so. For example, the Ford 3000, or JD 4020, or Farmall M. Some may think of 1942-45 tractors as "War Vintage", since they had special features to reduce use of strategic materials.

JLMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures, nice find! Make sure you change the oil in the injection pump, it takes same oil as engine as do the air breathers.

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JLMac wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:29:59 01/29/1Cool Great pictures, nice find! Make sure you change the oil in the injection pump, it takes same oil as engine as do the air breathers.

Thanks for the good advice. I wasn't even aware that it had oil to be changed in it. Lol

JLMac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your welcome, the front blade attachment would be some what collectible I would think. Is the blade kicking around there?

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JLMac wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:15:21 01/30/1Cool Your welcome, the front blade attachment would be some what collectible I would think. Is the blade kicking around there?

No I can't find the blade anywhere it seems like all the support mechanisms are underneath the tractor but anything that went to the blade is gone and there seems to be some hydraulics in the back that are no longer there as well

brownsmule
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any update on this old tractor? Thanks pwb

knares
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

if that Blade is the same as mine, its not a front blade, it fits underneath between the front and rear axles
The tractor looks the same as mine but where the 5000 came from ???

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would you please send me some pictures of your tractor also I would like if you could to explain to me what some of the controls are on the left and right side and as you're sitting in the seat there are so many Libras and bars I have no idea. Also I want to start this tractor but I have no key and I'm not sure how to start it without a key. It looks as though somebody has put an alternator on this tractor and switch it over to 12 volt from its original 6 volt. That too is a little bit confusing.

gandl2123
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 5000 Super Major Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wish somebody could tell me where the Ford 5000 came from from what I have discovered it seems as though this tractor was imported from Britain and it was right before Ford came out with their Ford 5000 so at least came off the boat Ford just put their sticker on them and sold. That's the story I'm getting I wish I could tell.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters