Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Another great find

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Very happy as not many come up for grabs over this way, will need a coat of paint but would look something all chromed as well.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's the history on it?

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it Ferguson? Don't see markings. What is the GM in middle of wrench?

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When my Parents ordered their new MF FE 35 X in 1963 from Coventry England the same wrench was in the tool box and is still there today:

Operators manual indicated wrench could be used to check Diesel Tank fuel level:

The marking on the wrench is it "CM" as in Centimetre's" ?

I'm wintering away from our summer home so am not able to verify the marking on the wrench.

Bob..Owner operator TEA-20 * MF FE 35 X as well as other colored Tractors:

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't think they were ever painted, as chips might fall into the fuel tank. I would just clean it and keep it in an oily rag in the tool box. Or a climate controlled display box over the fireplace...

John Deere Bob...???? Where is your winter home? The high mountains of BC? Up where the crisp morning air will clear the cob webs outta yer lungs as you carry firewood inside.... every 20 minutes... agh what a life in the north country !!

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good morning Tony in Mass. I reside on 244 acres of land in north Western Alberta

Closest town Is Dawson Creek BC....22 miles from our home.

Actually the border between Alberta & BC divided our property.

I believe you have family in Whitecourt , Sherwood park?

Thank you the USA for allowing us to visit over the Canadian winter months ..183 days.........:)

Bob.....

graham_in_NJ
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What is number 48 in the picture? I have one on my T035 and have no clue what it does (or holds)?

kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi yes, on one side it has the markings 3 and 6 with gradients between on the other side it has 10, CM and 26 with gradients in between.
What year did these appear what were the markings on the earlier ones.
Cheers

kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hoping John Deere can tell us.

kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CM stands for centimetres

miner09
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In the states we have wrenches with Ferguson---MHF--and Ford with inches on the wrench. They were used for adjusting plows--measuring fuel--depth of plowing. Some called them plow wrench and other's called it a gas wrench. I've seen them used for a hammer. I've got several in tool collection.

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quote:
What is number 48 in the picture? I have one on my T035 and have no clue what it does (or holds)?

Good day "graham_in_NJ"

Item 48 Starting crank Retaining Clip "Diesel"(# 827 562 M1)
Item 49 Starting crank Retaining Clip "diesel"(# 827 563 M1)

Now with the above said, my TEA-20 has TWO clips that resemble Item 48. attached to the right hand fender. These clips hold my spare KNIFE for the Dearborn 3 point hitch mower.

Bob.. Owner TEA-20 & MF FE 35 X as well as other colored Tractors:

steve_in_mo
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Any wrench can be used for a hammer when it's not being used to round off the points on the heads of threaded fasteners.

graham_in_NJ
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob,

# 48 was attached to the RH round cover on the trans. I do have #49 as well, so you've identified two items I had no idea....

Can't imagine having to manually crank that diesel though - probably a tiring process when cold Smile

Thanks for enlightening me!

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Another great find Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info"graham_in_NJ "
Bob............Smile

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters