Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Phil9N3667 wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:11:23 02/03/1Cool RIP, my good man! Always enjoyed his posts,
insights and knowledge on things electrical. Thank
you for letting us know. May God be with the
family in the days abead.
Dell was a good old boy!
Once when his frankness rubbed someone the wrong way, they called him a curmudgion and I replied that I would be proud if they called me that.

When he was having computer troubles and couldnt get on yt, I contacted them on his behalf and we had a few snail mail exchanges where he sent me some of his prized anastizi (?) beans with his recepe to cook with ham hock. Wife did and. we both enjoyed. Rest in peace my man, it was a good run.

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My condolences to his family.

The sparkiemeister will be missed.

Dean

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is very sad news. It puts a lump in my throat. May he rest in peace.

1951 8N
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dell's Obituary:

http://www.mountainviewtacoma.com/obituaries/Delbert-Golightly/

Jimmyjack
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There will be a very large gap in this forum. Sorry for your loss and thank you for letting us know.

3000OH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My thoughts are with your family. I enjoyed Dell's posts and learned a lot from him.

Eldon (WA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

GB in MT. wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:23:27 02/03/1Cool
CVPost-OH Boy wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:54:18 02/03/1Cool So sorry for your loss. Dell was a true gentleman. I met him one time in Dayton Ohio, we toured the Air Force Museum together. We will all miss him here.

OH Boy;
Just in case Dell didn't give you a copy.....Here ya go!

Also, my favorite pic. of Dell, and Keeper!!! Oj a visit to Jim, UT

GB

My condolences from the east side. I believe I hauled an engine for him from Jim in UT years ago.

greywolf224
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The gates of heaven opened and called up another of the great ones. I am glad I was able to get to know Dell on this site if only for a short time.
My condolences to you and your family.

Greg (2N) TX
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for being there for your father, he is smiling
down on you for sure.
He was an incredible character, kinda feel like he
was one of my family members.
I will miss him for sure.

God Bless all of your family in this time of mourning.

Greg

oldtanker
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

God speed!

Rick

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"We shall never forget him nor the
posts he's made, as he helped the folks
with their Ns. He's waved good-bye and
slipped the surly bonds of Earth to
touch the face of God."

4play
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I joined YT due to an 8N purchase. It was Dell who's posts I remembered most while lurking and then as a member. Two things I could always find when he made a post here, humor and accurate information. He will be missed here and the other places he liked to visit.

R.I.P. Dell

Dollar Bill
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am so very sorry for your loss and this deeply saddening news.

Dell helped so many with their problems, including me.

He will be sorely missed - May he rest in peace.

gblj
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your dad,he will be missed,but the help he
provided here will live on. Thanks for all your help Dell.
Thanks for posting about your dad.

Walston
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: OT - In Memoriam, Dell (WA) 1938-2018 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First off thanks for letting us know. I think you can tell by the number of replies to your posts that your father impacted many people here. I always enjoyed the humor that he used as he tried to help people.

Please accept my condolences and I wish you and your family God's Peace.

RIP Dell, you will be missed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Memorials and Remembrance All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters