Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Minneapolis Moline planter I'd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEMOfarmkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was looking for a seed box bottom for my Oliver 540 and found this Minnie mo of the same model at my local salvage yard.

He wants $400 for it. Problem is that if I get this one I still need a seed box bottom for my Oliver, which are almost impossible to find. What would you guys do?

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

grab the Minneapolis NEMO, mm made good equipment. give the man his $400.00 and a hug, get it loaded get outa there before he wakes up. Laughing

oliverkid
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's the moline version of the 540. Exact same planter except for the paint. Can't remember the model number right off hand.

NEMOfarmkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in high school and my mother would be none too
pleased if I came home with more "junk".

I have the money but now it's a moral dilemma.

I have a friend nearby....maybe I can stash it at his
house for a while......

Joe Graunke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m looking for a mm planter like that for our mm show
I?d be interested in saving it
Joe

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-NEMOfarmkid wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:12:31 02/05/1Cool I'm in high school and my mother would be none too
pleased if I came home with more "junk".

I have the money but now it's a moral dilemma.

I have a friend nearby....maybe I can stash it at his
house for a while......
NEMO TRY THE "IT JUST FOLLOWED ME HOME MOM" story, but don't use it to often!

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You need to man up.

NEMOfarmkid
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

@wgn

I'd love nothing more than to give the man 4 Benjamins,
but I'd be in so much trouble seeing as my mother already told me not to :'-)

Farmallb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought my 2 row IHC pull type planter when I was 18 at the Farmers Equip Co in St Joe Mo. Im 70 now and still have/use it.

el6147
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

assuming that you are farming and intend on farming you have to be upfront with your mother and make an effort to explain to her that farming is what you intend to do and come to a compromise with her, buying it and being deceitful about it and storing it at someone else location will cause nothing but heartache for both parties .

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-el6147 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:55:24 02/06/1Cool assuming that you are farming and intend on farming you have to be upfront with your mother and make an effort to explain to her that farming is what you intend to do and come to a compromise with her, buying it and being deceitful about it and storing it at someone else location will cause nothing but heartache for both parties .
NEMO el6147 has given you very good advice here that I would listen to, you might add that this planter was well built back in the day, find out what a new 4 row planter would be worth and explain with a little effort and clean up you'll have a functioning planter for $400.00

AllisG
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

carvel minne farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 22:56:28 02/06/1Cool
CVPost-el6147 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:55:24 02/06/1Cool assuming that you are farming and intend on farming you have to be upfront with your mother and make an effort to explain to her that farming is what you intend to do and come to a compromise with her, buying it and being deceitful about it and storing it at someone else location will cause nothing but heartache for both parties .
NEMO el6147 has given you very good advice here that I would listen to, you might add that this planter was well built back in the day, find out what a new 4 row planter would be worth and explain with a little effort and clean up you'll have a functioning planter for $400.00

I also have dealt with your same issue of “bringing home junk” My personal experience would be phrase it as your buying “assets” because the banks not paying good intrest rates.. when that doesn’t work you can try and build small buildings for your equipment. Building small sheds to hold implements has been my saving grace, it goes along with the if she can’t see it, is it still there

Brown Dirt Cowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Farmallb wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:38:26 02/06/1Cool I bought my 2 row IHC pull type planter when I was 18 at the Farmers Equip Co in St Joe Mo. Im 70 now and still have/use it.
what model is your 2 row pull-type? I have a 250A 2 row.

Joe Graunke
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Minneapolis Moline planter I'd Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you buy it? Send me a email
Joe

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters