Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

got a chance for a super 88

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

got a chance to get a super 88. should I move on it. has all the tins and very straight. new front tires bit rears are cracked.

gravedigger383
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes but only if you tell me where it is haha!! JK you cant go wrong with a super if its a good price id jump on it

oliver90owner
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Doesn?t it rather depend on mechanical condition as well as location, etc?

And, of course, the price!

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What's a "good price"?---Tee

NYOlivers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will agree if its a good price and a true Super 88 jump on it, because if you don't someone else probably will. For example this fall we bought one for 2000.00. Its in decent shape someone painted years ago. It is a diesel wide front. That's what we were looking for so it was a good deal to us. There was no serial tag and the motor is out of a 880 or a replacement block, so its not all orignal. Like I said not a big deal to us. So it all depends what you are looking for and how much you want to spend. That's just my 2cents.

newf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

he wants to trade for an old 78 ford f250 4x4 I have

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I paid $1000 for my S88 and have NEVER regretted it. I did how ever find a wide front and put it on but I also use it for baling hay so the wide front is almost a must have and that was over 10 years ago

newf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

this one has the wide front on it already.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok so that makes it worth a tad bit more in many cases

NYOlivers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is the tractor gas or diesel?

newf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

it's a gas and the front is the one piece kind. not adjustable

NYOlivers
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess than it depends if you want to trade your truck or not and what you think that is worth in this deal.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does the wide front sit under it or more out in front of it?? If under that would make it a S88 standard. The one I have is a gas. The front I have came off of a 88 diesel I had that some one had turned way up and I was afraid to run it much because of being turned up I sold it to a guy who wanted it as a pulling tractor

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bailed hay for years with a Oliver 88 with a tricycle front end with no issues.

newf
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: got a chance for a super 88 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have no real need for the truck. it's a super 88 standard. in real good shape. runs excellent.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Oliver, Cletrac, Coop and Cockshutt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters