Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Prepared for tomorrow

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
300jk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well stopped on the way home and got flowers and a card for the wife. Also got a card and some chocolates for the daughter. I'll give it to them before I leave for work in the morning. I know Valentine's is just a Hallmark holiday, but my wife and daughter are pretty darn good to me. I don't mind doing little things like this for them ! Anyone else prepared ?

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, not ready yet...

Wife "hinted" she wanted to go to a new vegan Mexican restaurant on the east side of Dallas.

I have to come up with some distraction 'cause that ain't happening!

Greg1959
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve@Advance- 'cause that ain't happening!"

LOL!

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I will just go outside and fill an old sap bucket with snow, so she can chill her wine bottle for tomorrow. HeHe
Loren

300jk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vegan and Texas don't go together. Just don't sound right ! Lol !

300jk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Now that's clever thinking !

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wife and I have been together since 76. we stopped buying cards years ago and flowers. might go out for dinner this coming week end. btw: it was her idea.

Duane WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Vegan Mexican in Texas? Sounds like a business doomed to fail.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, I think the wifey and I are past our days of enjoying wine and roses. More like we are both glad to get vertical and able to take nourishment every morning. HeHe.
Loren

300jk
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oh come on now. I can tell you and the misses still have the spark by your posts ! Seems like lots of love up there ! Just in different ways !

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well, she was 14 when we started dating. I was 16. I am rapidly approaching 71. Be there in mid May. We need each other to keep going.
Loren

Nancy Howell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like some of the others, James and I stopped getting cards, etc., for Valentine's some years back. Don't miss it. I did flub up and forget to send flowers to my mom. She likes the attention.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We won't have any flowers around here until the Dandelions pop up, and by the look of things, that ain't gonna be any time soon.

Valentine's Day is our half-way anniversary, so if I forget it....well, if I value breathing! *hehe*

Instead of flowers or candy, got the wife some kitchen goodies. That way she can make ME some goodies! Wink

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife and I stopped the card and gift thing long ago.
It is hard to make over 30 years with the same person if you need a day on a calendar to show your love for them.

But I stopped at the store on the way home Friday to get something for dinner and saw a turtle pie.
Since she is always asking "Bring me something chocolate" I bought the pie for her.
She has eaten the whole thing already.

Phil9N3667
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Like a lot of folks, I dislike a lot of the commercial holidays, etc. Had a $50 Wal-Mart gift card from Christmas, gave it to my daughter and she did Mama's V'day shopping for me and let her keep the rest. Sad, but true.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters