Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Prepared for tomorrow

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnlobb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rocket scientist that I am, I did buy a Valentines card, signed it when I got home, and tried to stuff it into the too small wrong envelope I had bought along with the card. Never checked it. I am so impressed with my brain!!

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just gave Dixie a hart box of candy. I'll give her a card in the morning. Dixie would be disappointed if I forgot. I live under the opinion that if momma aint happy aint nobody happy. Candy and cards makes Dixie happy even if only until the candy is gone. (:^D Two weeks ago Dixie sent me to the Dollar Store for some things and aid bring me back a hart box of candy. Young gal clerk ask if it was an early valentine. I said no, I was just following orders.

Steven-Id
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Valentines day is not a big deal at our house. Wife doesn't get too excited and the youngest daughter despises it. However Saturday is another story. February 17th is my wife's birthday I can't forget that one.

Steven

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, sappy card and heart chocolates, the truffles she likes a lot.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife is very thrifty some might say cheap(LOL)Anyway we've given each other nice cards over the years and she has kept them all so now she came up with the idea that we'll
give each other the card over again instead of buying more.Been working pretty good.

Wayne in NE
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife and I have also been doing that for several years. We?ll write a line or two on the card each year and include the year. Kind of nice to read what was written seven years ago. Wayne

tomstractorsandtoys
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife wanted flowers so I got her a whole bunch in kit form or some assembly required. I was in town and the spring garden seeds are out so I picked her up about eight little packs of seed. She laughs about it but does enjoy growing them all summer in a corner of the garden. I think cut flowers are the biggest waste of money. Overpriced and then throw them out in a week or two. Live ones are great. Tom

jdr1943
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Times are really getting tough around here I usually just go to one or two graveyards after dark and get my wife some really nice flowers tonight I had to go to three different graveyards to find a nice arrangement.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

300jk,

You did well!

Like others, we seldom give gifts or cards to each other anymore.

But some hugs and I love you's happen frequently... equally interspersed with some smart-aleck ribbing, all in good fun.

Texas Cowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure hope so.

Texas Cowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The last ten years or more my Grandfather was alive he had my Grandmother stop signing birthday cards and didn't put anything on the envelope so they could be reused. They picked ones that weren't specific so I gave them back to him for his birthday. Some went back and forth between us more than once. He could have been called very thrifty also but when I bought cattle from him to start ranching on my own he wouldn't accept any interest on the note even though it was part of the original deal. And I paid it off early which really made him happy. He's been gone quite a few years and I sure miss him and the rest of my Grandparents. By the way I left my wife a card on the seat of her truck so she will find it in the morning. I'm spending the night with my Mom at the rehab place she's at. Tony

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jdr1943 wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:39:08 02/13/1Cool Times are really getting tough around here I usually just go to one or two graveyards after dark and get my wife some really nice flowers tonight I had to go to three different graveyards to find a nice arrangement.

I hope you didn't take them off of a head stone.

When my Mom passed, something "made me" buy this big bouquet of artificial roses (looked REAL!!) for the head stone. Dad had passed not long before and, even though he didn't leave any thoughts on doing any such thing for Mom (and I'm not bright enough to think of this on my own!), just felt compelled to get this and to make it out to Mom, from Dad.

The next day it was gone! Someone stole it! Funeral home said it happens all the time. ??!??!??!??!??!??!??!??!??!??

Here's what was stolen. The words on the ribbon are what Dad always told Mom, as far back as I can remember.

pcsaw
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Prepared for tomorrow Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I which I would have prepared earlier this flu hit me so the last day was impossible

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters