Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Are you sick of winter yet?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animal
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think this winter has been nine months long, with no moisture. 60 degrees tomorrow, highs in the low twenties Friday. I has been that way all winter long.

Rein_Quest
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What state?

I'm up in Wisconsin. On average much colder than 60. lol

But yea I kind of want to go sink a plow in the ground. I'm feeling bored.

Brendon-KS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I remember correctly you're in the Kansas City area, correct? Your description of winter sounds a lot like here in central Kansas. Wild temperature swings and painfully dry. The last real moisture event (more than a tenth) for us was in early October. Folks are kind of wondering what the wheat will look like when it comes out of dormancy.

I sometimes look at the "drought monitor" website that the University of Nebraska puts out and based on that a good chunk of the country is seriously lacking in the moisture department.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd be good with it if it was warm enough to work comfortably in the shop and get out of the house. I'm doing body work on one and really prefer to work with the sun shining and the big door open so I can see what I'm doing.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Got up into the 30s yeasterday, heat wave. Tho it was 7 degrees at sun up.

Grabbed a wrench set from the shop, carried it to my pickup, and about froze my hand. The wrenches were still so cold.

Everyone grunts a sullen hello in passing around here, we have that 'winter look' frozen on our faces. Just waiting for it to be over.

Actually very little snow, which is a good thing saves a lot of labor and effort, but the cold started in October, and we have had howling winds, from the north, thrn back from the south, over and over, it's been so long....

Paul

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep been some real roller coaster weather this year here in Missouri. Cold one day warm the next. Mud every where when warm and when cold ice and or a little bit of snow and just enough to make things slick. Its in the upper 60 or low 70s here

S854
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around 48? of snow so far this winter...

Got the tractor stuck while plowing the road...

Got the truck stuck while trying to unstuck the tractor...

Got the snowblower stuck while digging out the truck...

Yeah... I?m getting sick of winter...

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8' + since November 1 ...

Great reason to have spent the past three months in Arizona..:)

Thank you the USA for allowing us to visit:

Bob....Retired....Winter in Arizona....Summers in Northern Alberta Canada....

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Are you sick of winter yet? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Using Your Tractor & Crop Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters