Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My 4500 Ford backhoe currently has 16.9-24 rear tires on it, they are rotten, the old machine is not worth it for me to invest in a new set of tires and I?ve been trying to find a good used set for several years with no luck, good used 19.5-24 tires are available all around my area for cheap but I think the 19.5?s are too wide for my hoe, could be a problem with the fenders having enough clearance, is any body using 19.5-24 rear tires on an old 4500?

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I see new 12 ply Sampson's are around 269.00 each. Might check with a local tire shop and see what they are in your area. They are made overseas they should last a lifetime. Tubes would be extra.

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

New 16.9-24 tires in my area are $650+ each, can?t justify spending that much as I?m going to sell backhoe soon...

Randy Shoe
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some of the guys in our pulling club are using irrigation pivot tires on some of the tractors with 24" rims. Not a high ply rating but are cheap and some are around a 16.9 width and some narrower.

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don?t believe the irrigation tires could hold up to the weight of this backhoe, I would like to know if anyone has successfully mounted 19.5-24 tires on a 4500 backhoe and if there were any clearance problems concerning the fenders, I can get a good used pair of 19.5?s for $100 locally and that includes mounting them but just believe they won?t work because of the width, maybe one of y?all will chime in that?s mounted a set successfully.......

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Get out your tape measure out,the 16.9 is the width of the tire you have on there,the 19.5 is the tire you can get,so the 19.5 tire is 2.8" wider than the 16.9,you need half the 2.8" which is 1.4" clearance inside the 16.9 tire for the 19.5 to fit,also there is the option of wheel spacers to increase the clearance.
AJ

grayrider
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

AJ,
I?m not familiar with wheel spacers for heavy equipment such
as a backhoe, please enlighten me....

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 4500 Ford Backhoe rear tires Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wheel spacers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes,from a flat like shim that goes between the wheel and the axle, to move the wheel out,longer mounting bolts may be needed,Google tractor wheel spacers and you can see pictures of several different types,lots of the Case backhoe range need them so snow chains could be fitted as there was not enough clearance between the fender and tire for the chain a spacer each side was a cheap fix.
AJ

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters