Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case 300 Pictures

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Its snowing here so I thought I would throw up some Case 300 pictures. These are from some old sales slides. I noticed that in several of the slides they are using the 300 diesel. Wouldn't it be great to find one of those just sitting in a barn waiting to be rescued! I also noticed some odd painting jobs. One of the seats and a few of the wheel weights are painted tan and the Eagle Hitch adjusting lever has a crank more similar to a VAC than my 300.

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Connor, great pics! Thank you for sharing these. These pics bring back some good memories for me. I used to pick rocks every spring for an old neighbor some decades ago using a 300 narrow front tractor. Great little tractor to drive.
Kow Farmer Kurt

KenL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Makes me wish I still had our 300.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for Sharing I have seen almost all of them but never in color! Not a round nose 300 but I do know where this one is sitting lol
cnt

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They must have had more snort when they were new. PTO combine, 3 bottom plow, and 2 shank subsoiler??

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could see the three bottom in light soils but two would be a better fit lol as for the subsoiler, its looks to be only 3-4" maybe 5" deep lol mine is setup with three shanks and it was flat out Stop the 770 in my soils,, I would say I run 8-10" average due to rocks
cnt

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-DKase wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:42:26 02/17/1Cool They must have had more snort when they were new. PTO combine, 3 bottom plow, and 2 shank subsoiler??

The soil they are pulling a plow through looks better suited to make bricks out of, not to plant crops in.

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dad owned the same tractor and 4 row cultivator new. It had the rubber gauge wheels.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Desert Sunset wheels, weights are interesting in some of the pics. I dough out my 300 lit, and sure enough, the 301 diesels had DS wheels and seat on them. I painted the seat on my 300RN DS years back and like the way it looks.
There was a farmer who moved to this area back in the 80s. He brought a 530 with him that had DS wheels on it. It looked nice.
Thanks for the pics .
Loren

lgehring
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wonderful pictures!

NickatKY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

connor9988,
Thanks for the pics!!!
Experimental or pre-production tractors are scattered in Case advertising,owners and Service manuals. The 300 literature seems to have more experimental tractors than any of the others. I believe this is because they were in a hurry to get the 300's into production. Nick

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I spent many hrs. in the seat of a 300 triple range pulling a 3/14 BER plow. Most of the time in D2, but if on hills or in alfalfa sod L3. Once in a great while D1 in really tough going, but traction became the issue then.
Loren

kenbob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am a newbe to Case and now have a VAC with an Eagle hitch. I have seen these plows with a cylinder in other pictures. Pardon me for asking why that was needed? You already have the Eagle lift.

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures. I grew up driving 300's. We had a narrow front and a wide front. Pulled a three bottom disc plow and I think a 7'3" offset wheel disc. Balled a lot of hay with the 300 and PTO case wire baler. We also had a three wire case baler. Dick

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Case 300 Pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies everyone. Upon closer inspection it looks as though the Diesels are the only ones with color differences... Interesting to think about. I will have to get around later and post some others. I think they are very fascinating.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters