Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

JD 9510 vs CIH 2366

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looking to upgrade from an L2. Im looking at a 2366 and a 9510. Both are close in separator hrs around 2300. I run corn, beans and wheat. What should I be looking at on these machines? What are the weak points on them?

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't go wrong with either, dealer/ parts/service would probably be the deciding factor
Ben

TJV
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd take the 2366 there is a lot less moving parts to wear out and very simple to work on.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In wet corn the IH 2366 would shell better. In green stem soybeans and the wheat the JD 9510 would work better. Either would be good machines. Just make sure the grain table with the 2366 is the newer ones as the earlier CIH grain headers where nothing special.

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD Seller, didn?t you post something awhile ago about a ?speed up? kit for a 9500? Should I be looking for this on a 9510? I?ll have to double check but I think the CIH head is an 06 model 1020 25?. Thanks

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The JD 9510 would have all of the updates/kits that you will need. The 2006 1020 header will work fine for any of the crops you listed. The only difference would be straw quality in your wheat. If your going to bale it for resale the JD 9510 will leave longer straw than the rotor machine. Any rotor machine will break dry straw up more than a cylinder walker machine.

If that is not a consideration then either machine would be fine for you. So it now comes down to price, condition, and local dealer support.

We will be trying a CIH 8230 hopefully this fall. We bought one off an insurance company that was damaged being hauled. We want to see how the CIH compares to the JD rotor in high yielding corn and tough soybean stems.

JDs attitude has really POEd me and the boys. JD thinks it can treat customers and dealerships anyway it wants and the green hoard will keep buying green. Not here. I am looking at a non JD 75 HP tractor for the first time in over 30 years. The boys will keep the JD planters for now but are looking hard at other brands for tractors and combines. We are going to have to lower our equipment cost per acre to keep alive with cheaper commodity prices. Now I am not saying we will be running Zetors and Sliver seeders LOL but we are looking at CIH more

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The L2 ?silver seeder? has helped me grow in the last 5 yrs lol. I am organic and Dad is non GMO. Commodity prices have been descent on our end and I think it might be the right time for me to ?upgrade? I understand the walker machine but rotary is about all that is made anymore. We run about 400 acres and we are running the farm at nights and weekends. Looking to upgrade from an 4440 also and keeping it in ?the collection?. 8100, 8220, 8300 another what next.. I appreciate all the good advise you and other YT?ers have giving me over the last decade.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Since your organic your soybeans will have weeds/grass in them. So that makes night running pretty hard. The rotor machine would need the equivalent of the specialty rotor in it to eat weedy soybeans. I am not sure what they call them in the modern CIH rotor machines.

IF you go with the JD 9510 I would go with after market cylinder bars. I like the Ausherman cylinder bars. I am not sure you can still buy them new. When I heard they might be getting hard to get I bought 3 sets for my JD 6620SH. I am on the second set now. I am not sure If any of the aftermarket bar makers are still selling conventional cylinder bars. Tempe, Ausherman, and Lowen are the names that jump out of my memory.

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PFP enclosed cylinder is what I?d put in it. The 9510 has new feeder hose, concave, and rasp bars and new sieve. Upcoming sale. Both appear to be well taken care of.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I actually like the perforated filler plates in corn to get the shelled corn away form the concave/bars ASAP. The totally enclosed cylinders is more of a Gleaner thing around here.

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why a Gleaner? thing? I had a guy tell me it was in
the JD parts book as a Sonnybrook enclosed and
ran it in a 9550 and said it was awesome. Not sure
but Sonnybrook or sunny brook is a repeat of the
PFP.. He custom ran dry beans, wheat, corn, soys,
buckwheat, and rye. We will see what it goes for
and I?ll keep posted. Thank You.

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Centcash, what one would you upgrade to? And why.

centash
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have more experience with helping a neighbour with the Case IH. Very few problems with it, but needs a bit more care from the operator in green and weedy conditions. The JD may be easier to change from crop to crop but does have more moving parts. Helped other neighbours for years who ran a 9500 series, no problems, but they seemed to always be servicing it. I really have no preference other than condition and dealer support..
Ben

4020 electrician
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess servicing it,I do anyway. I?ve been running an L2 and haven?t been sitting for more than 2 hrs at a time. I?ve prolonged the deal by going through a 1/3 of the combine Every yr. It?s just time to upgrade and the 2 combines are at public auction in the next month. Both are around 2300 sep hrs. Everything seems to be going rotary. I?m more worried about simple, dependable,and sample. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it...

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: JD 9510 vs CIH 2366 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-4020 Electrician wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:12:38 02/18/1Cool Why a Gleaner? thing? I had a guy tell me it was in
the JD parts book as a Sonnybrook enclosed and
ran it in a 9550 and said it was awesome. Not sure
but Sonnybrook or sunny brook is a repeat of the
PFP.. He custom ran dry beans, wheat, corn, soys,
buckwheat, and rye. We will see what it goes for
and I?ll keep posted. Thank You.
Your guy is running more small grains than corn and soybeans. A fully enclose cylinder works well with small grains. In heavy corn you have issues getting the shelled corn out of the threshing area before it gets damaged. I am going with the crops I run. This can be 300 BPA corn and 70-80 Bushel soybeans.

As for rotor verse a cylinder machine. The market is driven that way because of capacity. You can make a rotor longer and bigger around to increase capacity easier than you can make a cylinder wider. A JD 9600/9610 is a class six machine that has a wide cylinder. We are running class 7,8,and 9 machines now. Making cross cylinder machines that large is not practical because of how wide it makes the machine.

I like a cylinder/walker machine for small grains like wheat ,rye, oats, and etc. It is easier to get a good quality sample in all conditions. In green stem soybeans the cylinder machines works well.

In high yielding higher moisture corn then a rotor machine works best. The newer rotors even work pretty well in green stem soybeans.

So pick the machine you want based on what you feel your needs are. Do not fall into the "the rotor is better just because" group. JD gained its market share with cylinder/walker machines while all the competition went to rotors.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters