Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

tractor drive pictures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s,mac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Saturday a few fellows and ladies got together for a drive through the almond blossoms outside of Chico Ca. My wife drove our VAO and I drove the VAH. The valley is forecast for a hard freeze this week. This could do heavy damage to the crop frost protection will be in full force the next few nights. Steve

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures. Are almond blossoms fragrant? It will be a long time before we see anything bloom in Wisconsin. My favorites are the black cherry (choke cherries) trees that grow in our fence rows. They would be in full bloom when I would be plowing. The fragrance that came off of the blossoms are like heaven to me.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pics and looks like a lot of fun too,, -1 here now going to -14 tonight and tomorrow or colder
cnt

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures! Does that VAH have a fast road gear??

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great pictures! I needed to see some flowers and tractors running and moving! Thank you!

s,mac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No it is slow maybe 10 mph at best. Steve

s,mac
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Almond blossoms have very little fragrance if any. You can't smell them when you drive through them. They sure are pretty when they bloom. There is thousands of acres of them in that area. Steve

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those are amazing pictures! Thank you for posting them.

dacaseguy
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice Steve. I'm sure the sprinklers will be running strong in the almond orchards this week. No more smudge pots. No blossoms up here, but we've had pretty decent weather up till now. A little snow yesterday and this morning. All gone except for the hills. 40's all week and mid to low 20's at night this week. Dick

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-s,mac wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:02:22 02/19/1Cool Almond blossoms have very little fragrance if any. You can't smell them when you drive through them. They sure are pretty when they bloom. There is thousands of acres of them in that area. Steve

The tractor your wife was driving looks like the warmest tractor to drive. Does heat from the engine make it into the driver compartment?

I imagine there are a lot of honey bee hives set out to help with pollination. I wonder what almond blossom honey taste like? Around here basswood and thistle blossoms make the best tasting honey. Buck wheat honey is probably the worst. Good thing people no longer grow it around here.

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I 'm guessing Peggy told you what she would be driving ,and you did not argue! Hey Steve.CM

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steve,

It's nice to see so many different brands of tractors represented on your ride. You and your wife have the "cream of the crop" though. Our modern cherry shaking equipment evolved from almond shakers many years ago. I spent many hours navigating a Gould tree limb shaker, built in Milpitas, CA in local cherry orchards in the 70's. Spent every penny on my hotrod and chasing girls LOL! Thanks for posting, Don

1370pwr in ne
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice pictures.Great job of representing Case!Nice to see some warm weather pics.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: tractor drive pictures Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful scenery and tractors. Love the Case tractor pictures and the picture of the Ollie. Thank!

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters