Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Add on step for a 430 or 530

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flatpkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has anyone fabricated a step to assist getting on and off a Case 430 or 530. I?m thinking of adding one and I?m looking for ideas. I plan on
adding it off the platform on the clutch side.
I?ve attached a picture of that side of tractor. Want to make it look like it was a factory add on. In other words nice looking, then paint it Case
orange.
Thanks
Jim

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My father added magnum steps to several of our tractors.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are the extensions that I built for my 431T. I used a piece of thin wall 2x2" tubing, plus two pieces of 2x2x1/8" angle to form a strut that fastens under the belly of the torque tube to both sides. I cut some grating to allow mud to fall thru and cut slots for clutch and brake pedals, and welded some more thin wall tubing down at an angle for the lower steps. I also have grab handles that are not pictured.

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That would be the one I would build. CM

CKRICHARD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All nice steps below but if you want something that looks factory, maybe consider a factory step. A VAC step would look nice but even better the step that was used on the 730 through 1030. The one with all the holes , maybe 6x6.That's my plan for my 430 just haven't Run across one yet.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So what is this one worth to you??? I have 2 of them off an old 930 6spd. They are 7x7"
Loren

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made one using a top step from a 730 comfort king and a piece of flat iron from the wheel frame of a international 400 planter and bolted it to the side like ACG did but using two bolts. It is lower than the platform but not lower than the drawbar. I made for the 312 but like it on the 311 and it has not made it to the 312.

flatpkr
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. and pictures, it?s giving me more ideas.
I want to make it simple and quick and easy to remove. I?m considering making a bracket that goes down and is attached to the two large bolts below the hydraulic filter access cover. That would support a platform at one end a couple of pieces of iron strap bolted and going down from the foot rest.
Jim

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Add on step for a 430 or 530 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I also needed a lower step for my 300 to make it a little easier to climb on. I purchased a buggy step from eBay and put it on my tractor this afternoon. Works really good. There's a lot more of them on eBay if you want to go that direction.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters