Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Diesel 188 power steering pump

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cariboo4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Case W3 (530) with the diesel 188 and the power steering pump that runs off a gear in front of engine. Pump has remote reservoir behind it. According to my parts book pump is G45292. It appears the 2 drive gears in the pump are nicked and the inside of the housing scored. I've read a person can flip the gears end for end to possibly up the pressure. The thought went through my head a person could mig weld or braze to fill the drive gear nicks and maybe fill the score grooves. It would involve lots of fine filing and sanding. Yet before I attempt that does anyone know of places that are pro's at repairing gear pump drives and housings? I've read the drive gears in the pump are a common part that can be replaced. I've also contacted a couple places regarding a good used pump. They seem to be a scarce item as far as an internet search goes.

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you aware of a reputable Machine shop that can analyze the moving parts. If the gears you speak of are able to be flipped then do so. Seals must be replaced. There is a reason the case is scored. Again , have it analyzed ,and find out why it scored.This is one who has been there. Best of luck.CM

BarryfromIA
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The clearance between the gear and the sides of the case is very important also.

Cariboo4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you fellows. I will do that. In the meantime I will look for a parts source and used pump too,

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cariboo, Believe that I may have a pump off a 188.

Cariboo4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-ArleninOr wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:08:11 03/05/1Cool Cariboo, Believe that I may have a pump off a 188.

Here's a what I'm after. A fellow who has sold parts to me in the past messaged me yesterday. He may have one too yet he won't be able to check for several weeks.

I'd like to see if yours matches up to mine.

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not even close to what mine is. Mine has the reservoir as part of the pump.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ArleninOr,

Please send pics of that pump and was it a working unit when removed I am very interested in it, send pics and price to car.mel@juno.com. thank you, when you send pics drop your phone number also.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Disregard my note, I need a pump like Caribou's

CKRICHARD
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can you change to newer pump with the built in reservoir? Seems like it would work.

Cariboo4x4
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Diesel 188 power steering pump Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-CKRICHARD wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:38:52 03/07/1Cool Can you change to newer pump with the built in reservoir? Seems like it would work.

I was thinking it might fit if you could buy a short oil filter. I don't recall if flange where oil filter attaches could be rotated on block. It seems there is lots of pumps with reservoir as part of pump available to buy.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters