Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I went to an auction today. I bought one Case at the sale and another CIH from a fellow at the sale. So I have officially crossed over to the "DARK' side. LOL

The Case is a late 2390 with 2300 hours. It is NICE one owner with almost new tires and axle duals. Just one that when you set in it you can feel the care it has had.

I have been looking for another MEWD loader tractor. I do not want one real new because of the electronics. Really do not want a cab for a chore tractor either. There was a CIH 5230 open station, MFWD, and loader on the auction it had 6770 hours, sold for $27500. Fellow standing there watching stated he had a nicer one at home for sale. His father-in-law bought it new in 1996. Never been in manure and never set outside over night, 3700 hours, original tires 80% so there could not have been much road time. CIH 520 self leveling loader, bucket, and bale spear. He wanted more than the one that sold but his had fewer hours. So we dickered some and I bought it for a little more than the auction tractor. The weather is supposed to be nice next week and I will pick it up then. Tractor had a real nice "feel" to it when I drove it.

big tee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you are talking about Joel's, I was there also---Tee

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't you own a camera?!?!?

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep that is where I was hanging out today. Should have text each other to meet up. Church ladies sure have some good food there. LOL

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Took some with my flip phone and they look terrible. Have digital camera that eats batteries like candy for some reason. Plus I forgot it.

More worried about watching the stuff I had sell and seeing if I could make anything on buying some stuff. Really more like a job than just loafing. I had over twenty pieces there to sell. Keeping any eye on them when they are selling with two trucks that get out of step takes some fancy listening at times.

andy r
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you going to keep the Case 2390? I might be in the market for one.

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Done that when I was bidding. Have to stand half way between the trucks and run to the one that has my item I want, then back to the other. It IS a pain. Smile

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That 2390 is a beast of a tractor. If your not sure what's in the rear end for oil, change it and make sure it has real Case Hytran. Don't settle for imitations, or in your case, jd oil. The small amount you get from transfer with other tractors won't hurt tho. If it is in good shape now, it will run a long time with hytran in the trany. Altho by the 90 series they had changed the clutches so they weren't likely to fail from different oil. I had a 1370, which was this ones older brother, and ran it at 200+ go with no issues. She pulled 6-18s and a 24' disc like it wasn't back there.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Andy I am pretty sure I have it already sold. I had a fellow in mind for it when I bought it. If that falls through I will let you know.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

But what do you do when both trucks are at an item you want at the same time? Or one truck is out of site of the other one?

rockyridgefarm
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was gonna go today for the 725 front mount cultivator, but I heard it ended up bringing too much anyway. there was also supposed to be a 4630, but my wife's cousin said he never saw it, so it must have sold before the sale. I went to his brother's sale on my side of the river, though. Bought a nice little 3-14 John Deere F145 plow..

andy r
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks JD.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Leroy wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:24:27 03/08/1Cool But what do you do when both trucks are at an item you want at the same time? Or one truck is out of site of the other one?

Have been in a situation like that 2 different times. I'd "post" the wife right at the auctioneer's mic and tell her what price I'd go to. Then I'd be at the other bidding war. Unfortunately, in both instances, items went for more than what we were willing to pay. *lol*

rockyridgefarm
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Leroy wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:24:27 03/08/1Cool But what do you do when both trucks are at an item you want at the same time? Or one truck is out of site of the other one?

Picture a lot that has the rows of equipment running east-West. The equipment is lined up back-to-back in a double row. The trucks run together on each side of the double row. If one gets a few implements ahead, it stops and waits for the other. If your item is on the north side of the row, you go to that truck and try to ignore the truck on the south side of the row. Only trouble is if the items you want happen to be back-to-back.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Crossed over to the dark side today!!! Auction Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've been to auctions where they were selling 5 rows at a time and they made no effort to go at the same speed,be running all over the place.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters