Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need a scale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:17 pm    Post subject: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you need a scale try looking for gravel quarries. One that I used to haul out of a lot has their scale outside the gate, which I believe is a Misha requirement, and their scale readout is on 24-7. Another quarry that I hauled out of Mon and Tues is just putting up new read-outs, and when I asked they told me that they will be on 24-7 too.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Luck Quarry at Ruckersville VA keeps their scales open 24/7 so anyone can drive in and get a weight anytime pretty nice really.

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wish there were places like that around here. Everywhere I've looked the scales are behind locked gates when the place isn't open, and the displays are inside so you can't see them.

Only way to get a weight is to drive 40 miles to the nearest CAT scale at a Thruway exit, and they give you a hard time if you're not Bubba Big Rigger.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We don't have any scales like that that is close to us. I use the Coop which is only 2 miles away and they are open during day 5 1/2 days a
week.

DoubleO7
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have found bulk nursery supply stores to be a good spot to weigh.
And food processors and scrapyards too.
Any place that buys or sells by the ton.

moresmoke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have never had a problem at a Cat scale.
Well, other than being able to jump high
enough to hit the call button.

Lyndon - AB
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good topic. I don't have any quarries nearby, but my local seed cleaning plant has an outside scale that's on all the time. Also, the majority of feed lots I've been to also have full platform scales.

tlock0331
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

showcrop wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:17:43 04/05/1Cool If you need a scale try looking for gravel quarries. One that I used to haul out of a lot has their scale outside the gate, which I believe is a Misha requirement, and their scale readout is on 24-7. Another quarry that I hauled out of Mon and Tues is just putting up new read-outs, and when I asked they told me that they will be on 24-7 too.

That is false, it is not an MSHA requirement on a scale for a quarry.

but every grain elevator ive been in had the scale turned around for after hours 24/7

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a scale? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tlock0331 wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:27:10 05/13/1Cool
showcrop wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:17:43 04/05/1Cool If you need a scale try looking for gravel quarries. One that I used to haul out of a lot has their scale outside the gate, which I believe is a Misha requirement, and their scale readout is on 24-7. Another quarry that I hauled out of Mon and Tues is just putting up new read-outs, and when I asked they told me that they will be on 24-7 too.

That is false, it is not an MSHA requirement on a scale for a quarry.

but every grain elevator ive been in had the scale turned around for after hours 24/7

Tlock0331, Perhaps you misunderstood me or perhaps you are looking for me to type in a lot more explanation in order to cover every possible way that my statement could be misinterpreted. I am sure that you know that MISHA laws prohibit pedestrians from strolling around in quarries right? Well, when someone who is not a regular customer is coming into a quarry they will quite likely want to ask questions, right? So rather than have an office outside of the quarry, and a scale house inside, they get double duty out of their weigh master by putting the scale outside of the quarry gate, or at least outside of an imaginary line on the road in and out. Thus general public can walk into the office, and truck drivers can get out of their truck and go inside or to the window to sign their ticket without breaking MISHA rules. I was never taught keyboarding so this explanation took me about ten minutes. Understand now? I know that there could be a lot more disagreements that would require more explanation, but I hope not.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters