Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Progress on the Redneck golfcart.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have most of the fabrication done now. Just a little work on the rear fender to do yet.
I have a front bumper and tie down for transport made. All my sheet metal panels are made. I got the rear back rest frame built along with center seat console/arm rest/ pop holder, and the outside arm rest frames constructed.
Now to take it all apart and prep and paint it, and saw out some plywood so the wifey can construct and sew up seat cushions, arm rests and back rests.
Loren

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the update, also noticing there is a "barley box"

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Man, that is going to be a sweet ride! I've been watching your progress. I'll try to call tomorrow.

Olliejunkie
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks good. Wish I had your ambition. I especially like the flotation devices. I would keep em.

Philip d
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I HATE golfing but I'd go golfing with that! Awesome progress!

rustred
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

is that one of those GPS driverless units with the barley box in drivers seat between the passengers? will need ice and insulation to keep wobbly pop cold!

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Loren you can whip out a neat new project faster than anyone I know. I enjoy watching in on your projects.

JerryS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That thing's gonna weigh a ton! You have to borrow an engine from one of your Cases to power it. How do you get those smooth 90 bends in that square tubing?

DRussell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How much width is there for each seat?

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This will be our transportation at local tractor shows, since it is getting harder for us to walk and stand around all day, and the wifey has plans for it around the house.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The 2 seats are 15x18"w. plenty of room for the wifey and I.
Loren

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It won't weigh near as much as that old feed cart had to drag around.
Loren

Blackhole49
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

With all the added weight, you might need power steering to turn it with it off-set. Or at the very least, a steering ball. I had a ball on my 446 and found it very handy.

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may need to add a wolf-whistle or ooogah horn to this rig. Smile

INCase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Progress on the Redneck golfcart. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nice.

but. major design flaw... need to get rid of tool box between the seats. can't get wifey to sit close with that thing in the way.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters