Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Trying to understand

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellis Kinney
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yea, she is constantly putting my work boots in the closet. What is wrong about leaving them by the fireplace for tomorrow morning? Ellis

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fifteen years ago the EX said "congratulation, you won the S ..t wars." Good riddance. Being a pack rat can have it's benefits.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL

With my brother in law,it really was a transmission.

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No pie for you!Thats why you buy the cookies? lol

2002sliverado
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You may have made the mortgage payments or are making the mortgage payments, but it is HER house. Accept it. If she leaves you and there are papers signed, it will still likely end up being HER house. I doubled the square footage of our home about 10 years ago. I have a modest amount of space I can set up for my office, but since it has the computer, it remains mostly HER space. For the past 15 years I have wanted to have a place where I can put my stuff and have an office. I need a fair amount of "flat space" for organizing bills and records for my own personal records, the farm records, and four other organizations I am involved with. I used to laugh about all those guys my dad's age who built "man caves" in their garage, or in their farm shops. I now have a much better understanding and appreciation for those efforts.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

LOL!!

I do find parts on the kitchen counter-top or sometimes hanging in our basement waiting for paint in wintertime... but after some "kind advice" early in our marriage - he is pretty good to set them on a piece of newspaper/in plastic bag or throw down a paint cloth when painting. But the parts are always pretty well cleaned up. :)

There are however, some enduring splotches of John Deere green and yellow over-spray on our rustic concrete basement walls (a heinous crime committed during our early years)... for which I have never been fully able to gain a "true appreciation of". Hee-hee!

MSD
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Baked a manifold that was sprayed with a ceramic coating in the oven once-once. Really stunk up the house.

rrlund
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I put some brake discs on a cookie sheet in the oven one time to try to boil the oil out of them. She wasn't home at the time of course.

tomturkey
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well you do know what they say; "Can't live with them, can't live without them". lol gobble

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody remember the song by Three Dog Night???One is a lonely number/////Ellis dont forget it! lol

ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kinda like hauling livestock in an SUV, the cleanup can take longer than the original task and the smell still lingers for weeks.

Old kitchen ranges, old clothes washers and dryers and old dishwashers are available cheap or sometimes free. RV antifreeze can preserve washers though cold winters in unheated spaces. If you have the shop space consider installing the most pirated kitchen appliances in the shop.

db4600
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess if she's not hanging her unmentionables in your shop to dry than she might have a point.

Dave Sherburne, NY
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mine follows me around the house with a broom.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are correct, those are unreasonable requests.

Moving your parts to an undisclosed location is inexcusable!

Best you can do is try to get her into counseling ASAP!

While she's gone, make the best of your time in the kitchen.

As a compromise, you could set her up a Coleman stove in the living room, and a wash tub for the dishes. But let her know right up front, "NO MORE COMPLAINING"!

tomtinker
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to understand Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Was that for sweeping or for some other reason. Lol.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters