Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

my vote polaris ranger, I have a 5 year old polaris ranger 400 an awesome machine for around the acerage or out in the bush! I have been places with that ranger I never should have been! make sure you get one with a winch, you do know what they call a guy who go's 4 wheeling without a winch?------pedestrian Laughing the only problem I have is starting in a week or so when all the snow is gone my wife will commandeer my ranger and the only time i'll see it is when it go's by from her garden sheds to her flower beds Crying or Very sad the grandkids love driving it around when they come out so grampa has to come up with some very important chores that need doing when they are here Wink

ivan in michigan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 2006 Mule that I bought new. It has never gave me any problems and the grandkids had to be 10 before they drive it by themselves. They must wear the seatbelts. I had 2 4 wheelers before and still have one but I use the mule all the time. I made the hyd dump for it and I can back up to a deer and raise the bed with the deer in it. I have hauled wood in it loaded to the top of the roll cage and it just chugged right along. If I had know how handy they were I would have bought one years ago

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I sure enjoy my Gators, I bought my second one. They are priceless to me working around my farm. The Mrs. likes the 6x4, as its easy to get in. Easy to get service and parts when needed.

paul
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've really liked and got lots more use out of my '10 Polaris Ranger. It is probably over budget and too fast, thry do have a smaller version I think, but I'd hate to lose the three across seating and wide stability.

I started hearing maybe 3 years ago, lots of quality and design issues with all sorts of models from Polaris. That's a little troubling. They branched out and expanded a lot and wonder if they lost a little focus on the core quality they had?

Paul

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD As a KUBOTA dealer I can tell you we sell 10 rtv900s for ever one 500 we sell. Now why folks just like the durability and performance of the diesel hydrostatic drive. Nothing wrong with the rtv 500s . I keep one around because I can haul it in the back of a pickup when I go to auctions. Have two rtv 900s here on the farm that have been bullet proof. Like all the other posters stay away from the off brands. Kubota, John Deer or Mule probably my pick.

stonerock
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Deere is the best, have four 825I's one for the wife around the farm, our mailbox is a 1 1/2 mile from the house second one is for pullin truck and tractors at the pull's, last two are for farm, one has a 50 gallon sprayer with 20' booms last one is mine,cross fields, farm to farm haulin everything.......power stearing and power dump beds are the best..gas motor, no vibration no smell and less noise than diesel

jddrawbar
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I recommend a 570 Polaris Ranger. They have the best suspension by far! They make a Kubota 500 feel like a covered wagon. You should be able to get one for about what your budget is. The Deere line would be my second choice, but they are much more expensive.

TBA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plain and simple one is JD TS 4x2 Gator , good for the money about $7500 with dump.

newhollandnut
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last fall I was looking at a Kubota 500 but with mainly because i had a set amount I wanted to spend and was seriously looking at used but with Kubotas 0% financing it made no sense to not buy a brand new rtv900. I couldn?t be any happier with my 900. The ride on the new x series is much better than older ones and I could burn the $10,000 I was going to spend on a utv on other projects and implements

1939farmall
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have the Kawasaki Mule. I Iove it. That thing is as handy as a shirt pocket! Far and away better for working with than a four wheeler. I was using an older Honda four wheeler which is a good machine and did everything it was supposed to but the mule is so much better to work with. For me it also came down to price. The smaller Polaris has about he same basic rating as the Mule SE, except for speed the Polaris is faster. The Mule will run about 30MPH which is fast enough for me and what I'm doing and the Mule had a better price point. I did buy a used one. Buy my dad bought a new one during a sales special for right around $8000. I think you'll be happy with any of the brands you listed, from the research I've done when we were buying they all seem pretty solid. For me the Kawasaki won on price point and durability. I had several people tell me " if you want to play and have a great time get the Polaris. If you want to get hard work done get the Kawasaki ". Good luck , have fun.

Frank 41
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My RTV 900 will only run 25 on the road. My old Suzuki 400 would run 65. Yes I wish my Kubota would run faster but it is a 2011 and has one flaw. The key is on the right side of the steering collum and your knee will hit the key and shut it off. I am thinking about relocating it on the dash else where.

You get what you pay for.

Bonnan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

NHN, Have you shifting problems? Is it rough? Good machine otherwise.

JimS
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Diesel Gator.

I have been a fan of the Diesel Gator for a long time. I purchased a couple because they were slow, had the lowest center of gravity, and the Yanmar diesel was superior to the gas for durability.

The tractor dealer brought one out for me to try. I put two tractor weights in the bed of nearly 750 pounds along with my overweight neighbor and climbed a vineyard road that was nearly 45 degrees.

Later, my employer had one roll backward down a very steep hill (you could not walk this hill). It spun about, went through a field fence jumping a road, through another field fence jumping another road before coming to a stop after going through about 3 rows of vineyard. It covered nearly a third of a mile, never quit running, never rolled. It did bend the frame. You really have to work to roll one of those. For labor, I like them. They complain they are slow but I like that. We have had two deaths on ATVs and nothing serious with the Gator.

People will criticize them on this site but they are pretty dang safe.

Bonnan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jm, I'll ask you the same question that I asked NHN. I'll generally agree the rtv900 is a good machine but the I find the shifting is "kinky". Several times I've backed in to the shed against a stop. When I went to go forward it was a *%#* to get it in high. The rtv is too expensive to act like that in my opinion.

gblj
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Gators, Mules and Kubota RTVs oh my Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Kawasaki mule 4x4 SE XC, it serves me well, we got my wife's Chevy equonix stuck in the mud and two different 4x4 trucks couldn't pull it out, the tread on the tires filled with mud, we hooked it up to the Mule with 4x4 and it pulled it out,like others said it's not much for speed,mine does 23mph top speed,but I didn't buy it for speed.it works for me. Just my 2 cent.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters