Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

John Deere corn planter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Molden
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A friend loaned his older J.G. 2 row corn planter out a couple years ago and when he got it home a couple days ago it is missing the piece the plate fits on. I have included a picture of the other one to show what is missing. I have no idea what model it is all I know is it is a 3 point hitch planter. Wondering where we can get a new one. The round plate in ther first picture is what he is missing. Keith

MikeinKy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 246-247. I think several older JD planters use the same part. Not positive, but I think so.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Keith, it is a 246 as it is the corn version planter and not a 247 as would be the corn-cotton version. And all the planters that are plate except the horse drawn use that same part. Actually the hortse drawn planters can be converted to the newer plate and drive setup like that is. That includes the 450 4 row first built about 1937 to 1942, I have one of those 450 planters, only second one I ever saw in my 74 years on the farm, the 290 and 490, 494, 694, 494A, 694A , 694AN, the 8 row versions, all 1200 series and plate version of the 7000. Deere should still have them and I might have a used one around. Looks like it might be a later version as seed boxes look to be about same height as fertilizer boxes, earlier units seed boxes were about 2/3 as tall as the fertilizer boxes.

Keith Molden
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I found the part # it is 687-B and it is stamped on the plate. If you do have a used one, would you want to sell it and if so, what would you have to have for it? Keith My email is open

Tx Jim
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Keith Molden wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:54:49 04/22/18) I found the part # it is 687-B and it is stamped on the plate. If you do have a used one, would you want to sell it and if so, what would you have to have for it? Keith My email is open

Keith
Correct part # is H687B which is NLA from JD

Hay maker2
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tx Jim wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:27:03 04/22/1Cool
CVPost-Keith Molden wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:54:49 04/22/1Cool I found the part # it is 687-B and it is stamped on the plate. If you do have a used one, would you want to sell it and if so, what would you have to have for it? Keith My email is open

Keith
Correct part # is H687B which is NLA from JD

If Tx Jim is correct, the Parts Depot has 2 in stock.
Talk with your local Deere dealer and have them call in and give you a price

John e.c.MI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have several of those. How about $10+shipping?

810-four zero four-4783

Westwind
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like a 246. I have one but none of the parts are for sale. Sorry.

Leroy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere corn planter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Take up John on them.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Implement Alley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters