Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

No left border

View previous topic :: View next topic  
john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris;
Is this a problem on your end or my end.
Seems to be happening a lot lately.
If I refresh the page the left border will appear.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is an odd one. I've never seen it, and don't see any way it could happen unless it mistakes your device for a phone or tablet. That could do it. But intermittently I don't know. That's even odder.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It seems to be happening more on this new HP laptop with 10 using edge.
But it happens on my older laptop with 7 and my desktop with 8.
That is why I thought it might be a problem on your end.

No big deal.
Refreshing the page fixes it every time.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The fact that it happens on all of them, sorta suggests a network issue, yet there are many of us with slow networks that don't have such a thing happen. The page is all one piece when it goes out to the machine, so selectively removing a part of it that way and keeping the rest intact, is pretty weird.

Edge has some significant bugs, but I don't think that is one of them.

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris and John,
I get that missing left column too... and it does happen more frequently of late.

Here: desktop computer with Win7, and Chrome browser.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's amazing. Do you run any browser add-ins, like ad blockers or something like that? Even that wouldn't explain why something would happen intermittently like that.

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

didn't someone have this same issue a while ago(say around year or better)?... Can't recall the poster...old maybe.
I had the issue then, then it went away for a time now its back again. I'm using Win. 7 on desktop.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think old's problem was the database errors we get every few weeks that cause a page not to display at all, or an error that comes out about the database. He sees it worse because of dial-up. I also get the error and know when it's time to reset. But this problem is odd because it accurately displays everything but the page header (which includes the menu). It could be related if there are other reports of page not found and database errors at the same time it's happening. I haven't heard that though.

Cory Schmidt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

found it....didn't think it was that far back. Couldn't figure it out then either.
olds old post

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

In that case, I did a reset and it fixed it. I will do that in the morning and we'll see if the problem goes away. About every two weeks this server requires a reset to stop it from doing bad things. It's called a memory leak and it's in the database.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have done a reset as of one minute ago. If the problem goes away for a few days, I'd like to know that.

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris
A update for you.
The problem went away (at least for me) once you did the reset.
But it is back today Saturday.

It never does it on the main forum page where the different forums are listed.
It only does it when I click on the forum such as tractor talk or tales.

Another thing I have noticed is it seems to happen more when I look at a post and click on back button to try and go back to the forum such as tractor talk or tales. Maybe 60/40.
I have also never had it happen when opening a post.

Thomas(AB)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: No left border Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happening to me now too. Using a MacBook if it matters.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters