Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just acquired an IH Cub Cadet 107. Seems this may have been the only Cub from the 60's with a hydrostatic drive. Cub runs fine, hydros are good, a little rough but it is all there (I think...just digging into it).
Does anyone know if this Cub 107 is rare? I do not even see Cub 107 listed on YT's Tractor Values listing.

Woody

Dave S.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

93,000, look in tractor data.com under garden tractors

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope not to stick my foot too far out. Crawl under the tractor and look at the front of the hydro transmission. Change that oil filter. Love it when you work on a 35+ year old machine and it still has the original factory filter screwed on.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know how many 107s were made, but most of that series that I have seen had the 12 hp engine and were therefore 127s. (My experience with a 10 hp. Cub Cadet hydro is that they are a bit low on power: They tend to struggle a bit at full speed.) They were not the only hydrstatic Cub Cadet from the 60s. Their first hydro tractor was the 123. It came before your 107. And I own a 125 which was made in '69 or '70. It came just after your tractor.

Why don't you check the IHCubCadet website? Lots of information over there.

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Woody:

NO, the 107 is NOT a rare model for Cub Cadet. There are other models that woulds fit this category .

The 107 was built between Aug 1969 to Aug 1971. There were 10,846 units produced.

Cub Cadet Hydrostatic models of the 1960's were: 123, 105, 125, 107, 127, & 147.

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks to all...I appreciate the input.

Lance Skene
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Welcome YT.... now wheres the pics of this unit;)

I have a 127 here right now that Im just getting started on.

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After further work on this Cub and investigation, it turns out this a Cub Cadet 124, s/n 203702. As soon as I get the body put back together and the generator motor rebuilt, I will post some photos. Woody.

Lance Skene
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That doesnt seem right, you started the thread talking about a 107 hydrostatic tractor... a 124 would be a geared transaxle,

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think I finally figured this Cub out. It is a hydro but not a 107, finally matched up photos with a 105.

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One of the issues that has me still confused as I am new to the Cub lawn tractors, the body, foot boards, hydro, etc...says this should be a 105. However, it has a Kohler K321 12 hp engine that appears to be original as the entire tractor as received appeared to have original paint and decals. Would it make since that a 105 would have a 12 hp engine instead of the 10 hp?

Lance Skene
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-woodycub wrote:
(reply to post at 08:45:14 06/06/1Cool

I dont think the 203xxx S/N works for a 105, I think maybe a 123

woodycub
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Typo...the engine is a K301.

Lance Skene
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet 107; seems it may be rare. Does anyone know? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

http://www.tractordata.com/lawn-tractors/000/2/3/230-cub-cadet-123.html

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters