Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1935 FTA oil filter

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Anybody have an idea where to get an oil filter for this model?

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FTA would not have had a filter. Felt packing was filter originally. Updated was same as U or G Original number KE5905. Sock type are available.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, how is the oil pressure adjusted? This has a filter housing like a KTA.
And how much pressure should it be running?

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Minimum 15 when hot if motor in decent shape.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's kind of what I thought, mine is over oiling at 30 if the guage is correct.
How is the pressure adjusted?

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Pressure regulator screw on bottom of filter housing. 30 is a little high. I would set 30 cold. Motor must be in decent shape on bottom end.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the help, its been bothering me for a couple of days and I hadn't been
able to get a plan together. The engine has great compression and ran really well before
that, I was planning on taking it to our show in August and then taking it down this winter
for inspection and repairs, seems like changing oil caused all this trouble and I think im
going to switch to non detergent oil also, just put in straight 30 weight Saturday.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Something I forgot to mention, I had a few suggestions about the bottom end being worn, but if
it was badly worn wouldn't it be hard to get such high oil pressure? I'm tellin ya, it shoots
up out of the rockers like a water fountain at the park.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Someone suggested hydraulic oil. U/KTA oil filter setup same. Basic. Thinking pressure too high thus knocking out your O ring. Blockage? Maybe take off filter housing and clean.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bypass valve stuck.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks, i'll take that housing clear off and disassemble it, see whats up hopefully.
Never ran into such a thing, but these are my first TC/M&M tractors, I really need to
get a manual.

1923 Gleaner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can still get the canister oil filters from Baldwin. The one for the FTA is the same as a G so when you ask the retailer for the application just tell him a G Minnie. The KTA uses the smaller one like the U. I get them from Hampel in Wichita.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Non detergent oil should only be used to lubricate door hinges and has no place in an internal combustion engine.

1923 Gleaner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-wgm wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:18:56 06/01/1Cool Non detergent oil should only be used to lubricate door hinges and has no place in an internal combustion engine.

Wow Einstein, where were you 75 years ago.

I would never use detergent oil in an engine that has never had it used in it before. If Non detergent was good enough when the tractor was new it certainly is good enough now.

molinegb
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1935 FTA oil filter Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Non detergent oil was all that was ever used. If you change the motor will smoke and use oil. Less detergent in oil the better for Ford 6l diesels. Been there.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters