Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Removing 7700 grain head

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How do you remove the head on a 7700 John Deere combine

4520BW
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably two bolts thru the feeder house to the head, remove them and the drive chains and back away.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It depends on how old the header and combine are. The early JD 7700 used three 1/2 carriage bolts that bolted the feeder house face plate and the back plate of the header together. There are actually slotted holes in both plates. The slots run opposite each other so you can get the bolts to line up even when the header is in a little different position on the feeder house. The nuts are usually on the facing the front.

On the later headers there are two 5/8 bolts with large washers on each side of the feeder house that hold the header on. The header has a threaded hole in it and the bolts actually go through a square hole in the feeder house plate. They are right behind the shaft that drives the header on each side. It is a little tight on the left because of the drive pulley.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Interesting info, I ran a new 4400 dsl for a guy in 1973 and his brothers 6600 gas,, never knew the headers were not a quicker remove we moved them with hdrs on ,, Case had a "quick attach" head that just required a few pins and a chain or belt removed to remove them starting in 1959,, not knocking any thing just amazed how short a time ago it has been since the current quick attach units are,, Case then always had the feeder house with the header,, I was told they had a new style all but ready to go when they shut down combine production in 1970,, neat to hear how other brands were,, the 1962 A/C I have has a quick attach also and leaves the feeder house on the machine,, I can see how Freeman used the best ideas from all brand balers to make his lol
cnt

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?ve taken the heads and feeder house off 77 and 6600 before but never just the head . Sometimes it?s funny what one manufacturer has that you wonder the other guys don?t .

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks I?ve been thinking I?d like to pull the head off for storage

SVcummins
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds easy enough

Mark (EC,IN)
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I worked for a fellow (I was a teenager) back in the 70's that had a 6600.....it was a quick attach set up where the feeder house stayed on the combine.

It only took about fifteen minutes to change from a grain head to a corn head.

I can't remember how it all worked, but I know there were two sprockets that came together and we laid a double roller chain on for the drive.

There was some sort of hangers on the head the feeder house picked up hydraulically.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Removing 7700 grain head Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Simple system. I have adapted the JD heads to JI Case combines and Case-IH machines....

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters