Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Allis-Chalmers Model G

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

YTSupport wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:00:37 08/11/1Cool I've never seen it mounted but I assumed it's belly mount. I'll take some photos when the sun is back out tomorrow and maybe someone can identify how and even if. I would imagine I took the word of the fellow I got it from because I would not have known. I never followed Gs much even though I'd like to have one.

Yes, then you did get a good price. Those rear tires look pretty good. I sure would have paid that or more if local here. It looks like they would be much easier to work on than any other AC.

I had an N62 on an MH Pony we used for cultivating and grinding (pig feed), the engine was tired and it was still a trooper.

I would love to see the photos of that plow. I would think the plow would mount on the back but I may be wrong.

The rear tires are near perfect but the fronts are near rotten so I will be buying two new fronts and tubes. They're 4.00-12 tires and ice seen then on Amazon for $100 for the pair plus tubes... and free shipping.

JoeM(GA)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Almost everything on a G mounts in the middle, the rear drawbar is very lightweight and bolts to the block!
About the only thing mounted to the rear are the set of cultivators that take out the tire tracks

nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-JoeM(GA) wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:09:57 08/12/1Cool Almost everything on a G mounts in the middle, the rear drawbar is very lightweight and bolts to the block!
About the only thing mounted to the rear are the set of cultivators that take out the tire tracks

Thanks Joe

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Here are some pictures of different attachments.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'll be darned, that plow looks very similar to the one I have that was supposed to be for a G. Just shot a picture of it for nashranch. Interesting that I have two sets of mounts and coulters, everything but the 2nd moldboard. I bet it was a two way and you actually could have one for each direction.

nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank You YT for sharing pics of yer plow

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It was healthy, I haven't looked at it for a few years, and if I don't do something to clean it up, it will be junk soon. It appears this plow is the left side for the right side one shown in JD Sellers photo.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Chris they did make a one way setup for them but I could not find a picture of them on the net. It was a left and right hand plow on the front. Manual lift for each side. They did not make the hydraulic lift for the one ways. IRC

The reason I have seen a just about every attachment you can get for an AC "G" is my Great Aunt lived in an area of south-eastern Wi that grew lots of vegetables for Chicago. Her husband was an AC dealer. I can remember him having truck loads of AC "G" tractors setting there for sale when they were new. He also had one of every attachment AC made on hand to sell the small truck patch farmers in his area. My Mother and us kids would go up every summer and help them harvest their own truck farm Vegetables. We would be there for several weeks. It was also kind of our summer vacation.

He even had a fair number of attachments that where made by other companies for the AC "G". The most unusual one I saw he had a small roller bar hay rake that was mounted under the middle of the G. That one is the only one I have ever heard of. HE said it did not work very well because if the hay was very tall/thick the windrow would get too big and catch on the belly of the tractor. It was only 5-6 foot wide. It was Belt driven off the motor.

Also do the AC "G" out you way have the front weight on them?? All of the ones he had on his lot did. The ones I see back in The Ohio river valley that cultivated tobacco usually had them too. The ones I am seeing at the mid west show rarely do and most of the time do not have any attachment under the tractor either. I think that would make them very front end light. I can remember them popping the front ends up even with the weight if you let the clutch out too fast/hard.

Pictures shows one of the Gs with a weight on it.

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, the one nashranch bought is the first one I've seen with a weight on it. Like I said though, the only ones I've seen have been at shows. In the last 30 years, I've only heard of 3 in my county and missed the opportunity to buy all three. In the future, if I see one, I'll definitely grab it.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have never paid any attention to a Hines but guess I will go t looking now. Just have several 15 to 45 hp engines, looking for a winter project.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were built in Rocky Mount NC less than 500 total built,I have 3 of them.If you find one with the tiller you hit the jackpot as only 5 tillers were sold.I have a pretty rare belly blade,couple sets of cultivators,plows and rotary mowers that were sold for them.Power King 3pt equipment work good on them.

nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This G Bug has suppression wires on it with a ohm reading around 5-7000 ohms on them. I am wondering if this tractor should have solid copper wires on it. It seems to b running rich and the plugs are a sooty black where #3 is a wet sooty black. Timing has been set to TDC on #1. Plugged are gapped at .030 and points gapped at ,020

This tsx has no hi speed adjustment.. could this be my rich condition?

I just pulled out the plugs and the #3 hole looks wet inside while the others are a dry sooty black

Compression on all the cylinders are an even 90-95 lbs

Air cleaner has been scoured so it's good and clean

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Unless it has electronic ignition on it yes the plug wire should be true wire plug wires not the type your saying it has and could well be part of your problem.

nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

nashranch wrote:
(quoted from post at 09:22:26 08/19/1Cool This G Bug has suppression wires on it with a ohm reading around 5-7000 ohms on them. I am wondering if this tractor should have solid copper wires on it. It seems to b running rich and the plugs are a sooty black where #3 is a wet sooty black. Timing has been set to TDC on #1. Plugged are gapped at .030 and points gapped at ,020

This tsx has no hi speed adjustment.. could this be my rich condition?

I just pulled out the plugs and the #3 hole looks wet inside while the others are a dry sooty black

Compression on all the cylinders are an even 90-95 lbs

Air cleaner has been scoured so it's good and clean

That third plug over from the left was not firing so i was loosing 25% power. Put in another old plug i had and wow what a difference. Think now i have 11 horses operating. Tomorrow i get new plugs and solid core plug wires

nashranch
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Allis-Chalmers Model G Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The G Bug on the bridge

Runs great now with copper core plug wires and the right sparkies

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters