Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

What Was I Thinking ???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to a Medicare presentation tonight without consulting the Braintrust!!!
Forgive me but please offer words of wisdom as you are able

PS: Not Catholic but am Lutheran

greenmech
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't know you were that old. Any way I think you'll be OK. Ron MN

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All my meds come from the V.A. that way I do not have to mess with Medicare stuff and all the bull that goes with it. But even the V.A. stuff can be a real pain

shaun wallace
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to one while back. Didn't learn a hole lot. So many plans and companys. Got a free meal out of it. Did get signed up later with Medi-care supplement. It all kicked in first of this month.

kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeh, just because I look young hanging around with FlOldFord !!!

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Im right behind ya trying to make 63!!

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yea that was a pretty rash impulsive thing to do,hope you learned your lesson(LOL)

4520BW
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well if your a real Lutheran you know the answer is Beer! In my area we have 6 Lutheran churches and 5 liquor stores.

Farmall plowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Fer shame,what was ya thinkin!

JML755
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We signed up for a BC/BS Medicare Advantage Plan. We don't give anyone our Medicare info, just our BC/BS card, BC/BS co-ordinates all that with M'care. Our prescription costs went DOWN from the health plans we had when we worked. I have very low co-pays and because we only go to "in-network" doctors/facilities, we've never got hit with any big deductibles. Although we ARE pretty low maintenance. Wife and I take some pretty routine meds, nothing exotic and just have regular doctor checkups every 4-6 months.

I was concerned when we hit 65 but over the last couple of years, I've got to say that it's worked out well for us. It's certainly not FREE, we pay a few hundred dollars each a month on top of m'care premium, but at this stage in our life, cost to keep us healthy is manageable.

Donald Lehman
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Went to Senior Citizen services the first year to get signed up. Figured Im paying taxes for them to be there, let them help me out. Goobermint agency. Should have known better. Found a private insurance agency who specializes in Medicare and such. Had better results finding a plan that suits my needs. Still ticks me off. Pay into Medicare your whole life and still gotta pay for supplemental if you want anything covered. Costs me just about as much now as we paid while we were working. (before Obummercare came along)

leroy in ne
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: What Was I Thinking ??? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I held off replying but here goes. Same medical problem you had with me having 2 surgeries and chemo/radiation at different times plus a few other tests ect. for a few thousand more. Of course part A and Part B, I chose plan F for my supplement with BC/BS as my insurer at the recommendation of a relative in an insurance agency. My total out of pocket expense has been less than $100.00 for med's when I was out patient for testing and had to stay over night due to problems or needed pain pills that I was forbidden until tests were done. Definitely sign up your parts A&B, your plan D (meds) and your supplement when you are supposed to or you will be paying a penalty for the rest of your life, plus you are not guaranteed coverage if you don't. I'm taking about $6000.00 in meds each year with my part D insurance costing me about $1500.00 in deductible, premium and copay so it pays to have it for me. There is a place on the internet that you can check all this out which I believe is at medicare . gov or something like that. You may want to check your church affiliated insurance company which I believe is Thrivent as many of the local people use them in this strong Lutheran community.
Take care, I'm wishing You, Kim and Miss Molly the best and Oliver full pulls. Leroy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters