Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Whats in the Crockpot?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Whats in the Crockpot? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just picked some San Marzano plum tomatoes [img]http://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/21568.jpg[/img

Should we make some sauce with them?
Wash then off good with cold water
Nip of the blossom end,,and dip them in boiling water for 1 minute
run cold water over them,and the skin will peel right off
I like to chop them up coarsely just to check the inside of the tomato for any defects
lets chop up some fresh basil,parsley and oregeno ,,I put some carrots to sweeten it without putting sugar
lets saute that in some extra virgin olive oil
I added some dry garlic flakes ,some black pepper,and some salt Chopped up one sweet red pepper ,that goes in too

now,,lets let it cook all day,,,can you guys take turns stirring it once in a while?

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Whats in the Crockpot? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Man, you eat like a king. I just came in and had watermelon for lunch.
Your Southern friend, Richard

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Whats in the Crockpot? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been hacking away at a cantaloupe,like an axe murderer,,it is sweet!

SweetFeet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats in the Crockpot? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mmmm-Mmmm! We'll hop in the car and be right over... for pasta and sauce and some cantaloupe. Yum.

Larry, sometime toss some pork chops into a cake pan...
ladle some sauce like that over the top of them - then bake in the oven until tender...
and you can add some taters cut in half into the pan about half way through cooking.
I like to put the cut-side of the taters down on the sauce so they soak up flavor from the sauce.

You and Mrs. Corner will like it. Smile

JML755
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Whats in the Crockpot? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Larry, nice pix. Looks good and good tips, too (boiling water dip for easier peeling). You should have your own cooking show on YT. Laughing

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters