Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

A little humor: can't fix stupid!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gtidwell
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: A little humor: can't fix stupid!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A motorist was unknowingly caught in an automated speed trap that measured his speed using radar and photographed his car.
He later received in the mail a ticket for $140 and a photo of his car.
Instead of payment, he sent the police department a photograph of $140.
Several days later, he received a letter from the police that contained another picture, this time of handcuffs.
He immediately mailed in his $140.
Wise guy.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: A little humor: can't fix stupid!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm in North Dakota, and Florida (or, rather their contractor out of GA) snapped a couple of photos of my 1895 Blazer that's been non-operable for YEARS and has never been to FLA, on a couple of toll roads in FLA, and sent me some menacing bills.

Trouble is, the photos showed a much newer LITTLE "crossover" SUV looking NOTHING like a 1985 Blazer.

THANK GOODNESS for the good folks at the North Dakota DMV, they went to bat for me and told the FLA road nazis the plate number in their photos was LONG out of my possession, and had been reissued after so many years to someone else, and put a stop to the harassment.

In the "pay us or else" letters, FLA thanked me for visiting their state, but told me it would not be swell for me to come back anytime soon unless I paid off their extortion demands.

Fortunately, I don't feel the need to drive there anytime soon!

4play
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Re: A little humor: can't fix stupid!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know how all the states do it, but some aren't issuing tickets in the mail, they are waivers. Of course you can sign the waiver and pay a fine but tickets have to be hand delivered.

I got a photo enforcement waiver when I went through AZ about 12 years ago. I did some research and decided to ignore it. The thing is they would need to send someone to me in OK to issue the "ticket". I would imagine if you are local or close to the area they do this often but it would not be economical to travel throughout the country trying to collect small fines.

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: A little humor: can't fix stupid!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a letter about running a toll booth around Houston, I called the number on the letter and told them I had not been near Houston in years and lived over 400 miles away. The person on the phone looked at the photo and decided what they called an S was actually a 5 and the plate was on a pick-up. Never heard any more.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters