Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

WD45 Trans/Differential Fill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TR94
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I drained the hydraulic and trans/differential fluid from my 45. I filled the hydraulic fluid and then went to fill the trans/differential in the plug behind the hydraulic filler dipstick. I can only get about 2 quarts in it, and the fill plug overflows. Is there something that may be plugged? Or can I fill it by taking the battery box off and the cover over the clutch and add the fluid there?

Thanks

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's a little late now. But there is a little, I think 1/4" NPT plug at the bottom, rear of the pump, actually it's a control housing. Crud settles in there and it's good to get it out. I think people usually miss it when they pull the main hyd. sump plug.

There are two pipe plugs on the left side of the housing to put oil in for the trans/dif.

TR94
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the reply.

Can you tell me where the second fill plug is? I found the one right behind the hydraulic fill/dip stick, but did not see the second one.

Thanks

Tony

TR94
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

I found it in my owners manual. Right behind the first one.

Thanks

Tony

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The dipstick is filler for hydraulic and the next two plugs behind that are for transmission and rearend.

TR94
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great-thanks. One other question, there were two smaller pipe plugs and one had the magnet on it. Where does this one go?

Thanks

Tony

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Magnetic plug goes in bottom of rear end.

dakota dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WD45 Trans/Differential Fill Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Further back. Go down the left side from the shifter. Holds about 2 1/2 gallons.then go back and top off the one right behind the hyd fill some of it will gravity flowed back from the clutch cavity to the trans diff cavity

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters