Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can and will move it over to the haybine in the morning and give that a try. I figured the haybine head wasn't so heavy to rotate that maybe the hydraulics could handle it. If it does lift it then I will take cylinder off of it and move it to my disc. The disc is a JD 210 13'.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Definitely, you guys have given me some good pointers and info.

Super B
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes

scott mcintosh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Before you get carried away change out your coupler tips first sometimes they can go hay wire.Scott

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I changed the couplers with new ones (even though the ones on it were brand new as well) when this started. I had read on here that some folks were successful in resolving similar issues by doing that. of course I had to be the different one...

scott mcintosh
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you using ihc tips or are you using adapter tips to pioneer.Scott

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Adapters. I have two sets of adapters. One is IH to Pioneer (and I have the tips that have the little point on the poppet). The other is IH to old JD (the sort of cone shaped with a round headed poppet). Do you think I need to get a set of the IHC tips and not use the adapters?

caterpillar guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yup just use a gage of about the 3000 or so. You can just screw it into the coupler itself if you want then use lever to pressurize it take reading or lack of.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok here is what I tried this morning. Hooked to my 4-row JD 7100 3-pt hitch planters. It lifted them and then held them sitting there idling. However I did note that it seemed to lift them slow. Not creeping but I think it should have lifted them right on up. Tried it with it idling and with a little throttle, same results.

Also moved over to the haybine. It lifted the head all the way up, but again it was pretty slow. Same results idling as with a little throttle. Lowering on both hitch and remotes was normal - fast. Also, I let the haybine's cylinder reach its end of extension stroke and held the lever (actually didn't have to hold it) and the engine never changed its sound as if no load on it.

One more comment. I remember when I used the disc last year that it seemed to lift slow as I was finishing up the field and even seemed to affect the steering when it was lifting. I attributed it to low in fluid and possibly needing a filter change. I did change the filter a few weeks later (wasn't using it) and the screen was definitely covered in crud. But didn't try the disc again after that.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok here is what I tried this morning. Hooked to my 4-row JD 7100 3-pt hitch planters. It lifted them and then held them sitting there idling. However I did note that it seemed to lift them slow. Not creeping but I think it should have lifted them right on up. Tried it with it idling and with a little throttle, same results.

Also moved over to the haybine. It lifted the head all the way up, but again it was pretty slow. Same results idling as with a little throttle. Lowering on both hitch and remotes was normal - fast. Also, I let the haybine's cylinder reach its end of extension stroke and held the lever (actually didn't have to hold it) and the engine never changed its sound as if no load on it.

One more comment. I remember when I used the disc last year that it seemed to lift slow as I was finishing up the field and even seemed to affect the steering when it was lifting. I attributed it to low in fluid and possibly needing a filter change. I did change the filter a few weeks later (wasn't using it) and the screen was definitely covered in crud. But didn't try the disc again after that. The two may not be related, just sharing the info. Will try to pick up a gauge today.

the tractor vet
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well the poor mans way is a simple pressure test with a gauge that is rated to 5000 PSI . Now with out going to the truck and looking in the book as i gave up on trying to keep ALL the spec.'s in my head you should be above 2100 PSI at operating temp of the OIL at rated RPM . Now just checking pressure will not give all the answers here . To save time and money the only way is FLOW RATE the system . And yes them FLOW RATERS are not in everybodys tool box . I was LUCKY and got mine at a dealer close up . I bought 98 % of all the I H service tools up to the 88 sires . If your going to do good work on a brand then having the toys to use makes the jobs easier . The flow rater has save many of my customers time and money as i can tell where the problems lie as to lets just start throwing money at it then back pedal to cover our tracks because we were just guessing . And today a good REBUILT OTC 50 GPM 5000 PSI flow rater will set you back over 3500 bucks . SOOOO for you to save time and money find someone thaT HAS A FLOW RATER IN YOUR BACK YARD and have it checked . Then you will know if it is the pump that figured that TODAY was a good day to die or is it the pressure regulator valve . I am probably not anywhere close to ya .

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah that is exactly the approach I have been trying to take. Today's auto mechanics (not all mind you) sometimes make me think that they throw parts at some engine code vs. real troubleshooting and making sound decisions. It's not all their fault, we've complicated the whole process with our infinite "wisdom" on making things better.

I have been trying to use the wealth of the knowledge of they guys on this site (and believe me it's been worth more than I can say over the years) before I just start replacing parts. I like to "know" that the decision was based on actually doing some checking. I am located in a little town in SC called North. I am probably nowhere near anyone, LOL. But I will ask around to see if someone can do what you say. I'm not opposed to buying a pump if that's needed but I'd like to know that it's a NEED and not a guess.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Use to have family near North. Use to be an old IH dealership in Newberry, but Im not 100% sure they are still there.

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, I don't think that dealership is still there today. We actually did have an Allis Chalmers dealer in North when I was a kid. Guess that's why granddad had a WD, an AC 170 and a Gleaner E. Smile

addisonfarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1086 Won't Raise Load On Remotes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ok, so a buddy of mine that works at the Caterpillar shop has a hydraulic flow gauge/meter. I realize it isn't IH's flo-rater setup but would it, along with a gauge, still be able to give me useful information to diagnose further?

Could I attach it to a male coupler and plug into my remote or do I have to attach it elsewhere in order to check the flow/pressure properly? If its someplace else, where should it be attached?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters