Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FarmerHR
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Need to remove the 18.4x34 eight ply tire mounted on an 190XT. The tire is very old and stiff and I think it may be the original tire. The bead is broken on both sides. Now I need to remove the tire from the rim.
I have put blocks of wood all around the inside and the front half of the tire to move the bead off the flat part of the rim. I have lowered the tractor so there is pressure on the bottom to push the tire up into the drop part of the rim on the bottom. I have been able to get about an eight inch section of the front bead past the outside of the rim at the top. It is really getting tough at this point to get more of the tire off. I would appreciate any help on how I should proceed. Also are there any lubricants that I should be using ? Would also like to hear any experiences you have had.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

smileykeith
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If tire is junk a sawzall works great other wise i use dish soap for lub

IA Roy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Look on YouTube. Probably many videos on how to remove rear tractor tire. Breaking beads is the hardest part. Pretty easy after that. Easier for someone to show you than for me to describe how.

shaun wallace
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I take junk tires off with chainsaw. Cut about 2-3 inch from bead then usually bead will fall off. If not broke down use cutoff wheel to cut bead.

Hurst
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Do you have a bale spear for loader or 3pt? If so, I usually get the bead started over the rim where I can get the spear between the tire and rim ( ) and then put the tractor in reverse (so it pushes down on the spear and not pulling up) and slowly let it do the work. It should work just like a tire machine on a large scale. Also, did you pull the tube out yet? If you can get the tube out first, that will make sure it is not blocking the bead from dropping down into the drop area of the rim. It really should just come off as soon as the opposite end of the tire is in the drop section of the rim, just a matter of handling the weight and flexing the sidewalls to keep the tire coming off.

Hurst

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Removal Of Rear Tire Mounted on 190XT Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just took one side off a few days ago to pull the tube out so it could be patched and videoed it. Some of it only. I thought I had posted but at 80 I might have thought I did and didn't. It is not a how to video by any means but how I did it.
Removed Inter Tube.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters