Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

to 1206swmo,

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi 1206,
You know that minnie S,
what kind of engine is in it?
look,s like 6 cylinder, flathead,
maybe a continental, or an industrial chrysler/
Kirk,

1206SWMO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk,
The S MM's have a 226 cubic inch flathead Continental 6 cyl
engine.The 35 Oliver combine used this engine too.

I'm a big flathead Chrysler 6 fan so thats why I like older Massey
combines.

tom stanley

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

kirk the batts on your machine I think are good enough to make new ones not all are broke and these are originals tom ps how about driving it home should only take about a month.......ha ha just kidding give me a call somtime and tell me how your schedual is thanks tom

kirik in kansas,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
Yea, it would take about a month to get it her to alton, and then another month to show people that there really was a minnie like this,
most never seen one like this I dont think,
or remember one like this,
Ive been looking at trailer,s that can handle this stuff like my minnie, and I think im gonna have to ask a person to go and get it, cause i dont have a trailer,
well , maybe I could rent one, and go slow along the way and sightsee till I get it here,
ha ha,
Ill let you know about my schedule ok tom?
That,s good that the bat,s are in that good of condition,
that,s really cool,
now it wont be that hard to make new one,s tom,
Tom,
did you get the money order for the combine?
I sent it about two day,s ago, it should have gotten there by now ,
or will shortly get there,
Ill call you soon, and well talk about this ok
thank,s again,
Kirk,

1206SWMO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk,
I dont have my nice S combine home and my parts one has no
reel bats left as they are long gone.

They wont be 1.5" thick but 4-5" ought to be about right for
width.

kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: to 1206swmo, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tom,
I sent the second copy,s of the pic,s to this guy that i thought was gonna give me an estimate
on hauling the combine home for me.
I havent seen anything yet and that was a week ago Tom,
So,,, Im still waiting for his reply, and then Ill get back to you, and then we can get it home,
Im not trying to wait or anything like that, but I wanna get an estimate so I can see where Im at,
Ill be in touch ok Tom
Kirk,

1206SWMO

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk,
Do you have any pictures of the 21 MH combine?I have several to
look at in western Kansas in April.

I've never been in the cab of a 2705 MF.There werent many big
Massey's in this area.A neighbor did have a 2675.

kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi 1206,
No I dont,
But next time Im down there at the dealer at
Millberger Ks,ill take some , then send them to you , and see what you think ok?
kirk,

Nurtsaboutcombines

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kirk, I'm still wanting a reply to the e-mail sent.

cadet trooper

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

All of those Massey tractors had a lot of glass visibility was wonderful a little noisey with the ones with the V8 perkins first time I've seen people with ear protection inside a cab but Wow! that 2805 was a kick butt tractor I'm assuming the 2705 was a 6 cyl Perkins.

kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Nut,s
I saw a massey 21sp at this dealer and It was all rusty color, but all there,
Im gonna go and look at it again, and see if anything is stuck, or froze on it?
I think It,s maybe a 45, or 48 mnodel,
round grain tank and tall filter screen,
Kirk,

kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yea they were but that,s the fun of them nothing else was like them , that big Perkin,s just screamed , and screamed,and never wanted to let up for anything,
that,s why I got one, cause it,s a high every time i get in it and start it up,

Nutsaboutcombines

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You've definitely found a 21/21A, Kirk. Please e-mail me ASAP after you've gone back for a second look. The 21A had the auger table, otherwise, the 21 had a draper.

kirk in ks,

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: To 1206SWMO, Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Nut,s,
Ive found a guy that will haul it to me here in Alton.
He has a trailer that can do it with no problem,
So,,, when I get it here, ill email you some shot,s of it ok,
Kirk,

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Combines and Harvesters All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters