Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1950 M run on...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy Schuppert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: 1950 M run on... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had posted a message re. run on with my tractor. All of your response was great. I checked some 12 volt conversion schematics from this site and found this...
I had a +12v wire from my on off switch to post 1, I had a +12v wire to the alt post and then tied to post 2. The "console" Smile did not have a resistor or a lamp that should have been there. When the alt stops, post 1 goes to ground to light that lamp. Mine was constanly pulled high as though that had never been shut down. How that back feeds, I don"t know.
I pulled that wire off one, put a wire nut on it and now that old girl stops right on the money.
So for whoever suggested I look at my conversion, thanks so much you were right on the money. I think it was Hugh.

Andy

City-Boy McCoy

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: 1950 M run on... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you got 'er fixed. mike

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1950 M run on... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad I could help, it was me btw. This whole working hard thing wasnt setting right with me as I can work any of my Ms all day ar and they all cut off when I turn off the switch. Not saying anyone else could have been wrong or right, just something about your desciption didnt set right with me.

lee Cramsey

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 1950 M run on... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just converted my 400 yesterday. today I took the alternator to shop to see if it was good. I asked about the resistor/light installation and was told it was not needed. i was told however, that connecting the coil and alternator post 1 to the same point will cause the alternator to feed the coil when the switch is off. this particular alternator shop sells an alternator harness with a diode installed to eliminate this problem. I purchsased this harness for $ 9.00 and installed it without the light and it worked great. My 2 cents.
Lee

Andy Schuppert
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1950 M run on... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well John, nicely done. I have a bit of trouble getting round this sight yet or I would have known who had said what. Smile
Since I have that little hole in the switch box I'm going to put an indicator light in there next time I'm at the lake. May as well fill the hole.

Thanks again all for the help.

Andy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters