Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allis Chalmers WD fluid changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Lewis

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Allis Chalmers WD fluid changes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have an AC WD and want to change the fluids...engine oil, hydraulic, PTO, transmission and differential (rear end). The engine oil is no problem, but I can't find any drawing showing the drain plugs and fill plugs. I have removed the drain plug in middle between the two back tires. I assume that is the rear end plug. I have a service and operators manual but they have little information about the drain/fill plugs and types of fluids needed.

Can someone help? I have several acres of pasture to mow.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

willie in mn

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Allis Chalmers WD fluid changes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jim
Since no one else jumped in here, guess it's up to me.
There are 4 drain plugs.
Starting at the rear is the diff drain, that's the one you drained.
Second one is under the trans.
Third one is at bottom of PTO drop box.
These 3 are connected internally, but have a partial divider, so need to drain all 3 before filling any of them.
There are 2 filler plugs on left side of trans case, close to the left frame rail, square headed pipe plugs. Hard to get to with open end wrench. I use a 12 point socket & extension, think 7/8 on rear plug, 3/4 on forward plug. Use 80W-90 or 140 gear lube. Can fill in one plug, but takes some time for lube to pass the internal dividers, so quicker to fill at both plugs. Takes 17 quarts.

Fourth drain plug is Hydraulics & belt pulley drive, forward of PTO, but rearward of engine clutch. This compartment is NOT connected to the trans clutch/ trans/ diff compartment. Filler is also on left side, that little cap with dipstick attached. Use any hyd fluid or 20W engine oil.
There are pictures of drains & fillers in your operators manual.

E-mail is open if you have more questions.
HTH
Willie

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.