Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Deere 3155 or 2955

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tdavis629
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I need to buy a larger tractor with MFWD and like the 3155 and the 2955. For one reason, dealer's are close by. and I am a John Deere fan as I cut my teeth on the steering wheel of a JD 70 and plowed my first field with a JD 70 but our farm need's a larger tractor. Now with that said this tractor will only get 40 hrs or less of use per year. we are looking for a four post open station with the tss hi-lo transmission. Any help from you JD fans would be helpful.

Thank You
Untitled URL Link

backwoodsfarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those are both really expensive tractors for 40 hours per year. I had researched them both and have never seen one without a cab. I guess the big question is how much HP do you need? I think those tractors are 95 and 85HP respectively. The 2755 is 75HP and the 2555 is 65HP. Both of those are available in MFWD and no cab for a lot less money. For 40 hours a year you could go down to a 40 or 50 series and save a bunch more money.

PreciseFarms
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a 2955 with 265 loader and MFWD. Its a great tractor that takes abuse well. We have had no major problems with it even with the beating it takes. Being a loader tractor that has loaded lots of bulk fertilizer it has needed a clutch and gear shift lever replaced. It has just under 3000 hours with no sign of other problems in the future. It isn't pretty but wears its work clothes well. A cab would be nice at times but you can see better without one when using a loader. The only reason for replacing it would be to get one with power reverser. The HI-LO works great and has never given any problems. I believe the 3155 has the same engine with a turbo. The difference in power isn't that great and the 2955 would probably use less fuel. JMO.

Tdavis629
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you are happy with the 2955.
Thanks

Tdavis629
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Both the 2955 and the 3155 came with # 1 two post rops with the shifter's on the floor between the operators leg's. # 2 four post canopy witch had the shifter on the right just as the cab model did.
We plan to retire back home on the farm and my take on another one hundred acres or so. The plan is to not have to buy another tractor after this one. As for now we need something big enough to roll over our hay ground in quick fashion as we don't get a lot of time off work during the summer months.Thanks for your in put it will be given thought.

backwoodsfarm
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: John Deere 3155 or 2955 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No doubt the 55 series is a good tractor. I have a 4040, 2555, and a 1530. The 2555 is just a good reliable and suprisingly strong tractor. Either of those tractors should last you a very long time.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.