Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 lever ford controls

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bcrconst
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I learned to opperate on an old 3400 ford with 4 levers, then went to a 555 with 2 levers then a 3 lever case, back to two levers on mini excavator (both iso and sae). My question is, does anyone know what the 4 lever patern is.
left-
left center-
right center-
right-
I can"t remember for the life of me and my neighbor just bought a 6500 with 4 levers and it doesn"t feel right.just wondering if maybe some one changed the hoses or maybe I"m loosing it.
thanks
brian

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Left to Right C_L_A_S

Crowd of stick
Lift of boom
Actuate of bucket
Swing

I myself learned on a ford 4 stick and can still run them pretty good.

Worked at a Ford dealership in the early 70"s and learned at that time. Ford combines were made by CLAAS so it was easy to remember C_L_A_S on the backhoe controls. Word association.

bcrconst
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I guess my memory ain't what it used to be, thats the way this one is. I spent the most time on a 3 lever case(my favorite), maybe i just miss those.

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Takes more than swapping a few hoses to do it right. I curse my Ford everytime I have to use it. But . . . if it was my only machine, I'd get used to it. Not my situation though - I've got five of them. I've got the 1963 Ford 4000 Industrial with 734/724 hoe and loader, an Allis Chalmers Mark V hoe, a Deere 300B, a Case 580CK, and a Pettibone-Multihoe. They are all a bit different - but I can hop on anyone of them and get used to the sticks in a few minutes - EXCEPT the Ford. There's is something about its pattern that is counter-intuitive.

steve n carol
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back when I had a full head of hair, the backhoe operator we used had a ford backhoe. I don't know how many levers, I want to say 6 but probably just 4. He wasn't happy with what he had. The man was a great mechanic. He cut off the sticks and welded on 3/8" universal joints to the stubs, like the ones you use in a socket set, and brought them up to just two joysticks. He was a great operator. ...sl

JDemaris
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years back,Ford offered a joystick kit to convert their hoes - for people used to two-stick control.

JF in CT

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I could have sworn that I posted this photo in "implements" a while back but I guess all that drinking has effected my memory. This is a photo of a 2 lever conversion I did, about 3 years ago, to my Ford 755 backhoe. Works great, very intuitive for the casual user. Cheap and easy. No hydraulic mods, strictly levers. Can supply instructions if you supply the email.

Jim

Roy Suomi
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the 4500 days , Arps made the 2 lever conversion kit ..I installed many after the Deere people saw how friggin' fast the 4500 was..

john_Bud
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JF in CT wrote:
(quoted from post at 11:07:55 06/01/0Cool I could have sworn that I posted this photo in "implements" a while back but I guess all that drinking has effected my memory. This is a photo of a 2 lever conversion I did, about 3 years ago, to my Ford 755 backhoe. Works great, very intuitive for the casual user. Cheap and easy. No hydraulic mods, strictly levers. Can supply instructions if you supply the email.

Jim

Jim,

I'd sure like to see the details of that!

jbudnait@hughes.net

CHADBORDNER
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="JF in CT"](quoted from post at 11:07:55 06/01/0Cool I could have sworn that I posted this photo in "implements" a while back but I guess all that drinking has effected my memory. This is a photo of a 2 lever conversion I did, about 3 years ago, to my Ford 755 backhoe. Works great, very intuitive for the casual user. Cheap and easy. No hydraulic mods, strictly levers. Can supply instructions if you supply the email.

Hi, I've got an old Ford 750 backhoe that I would like to convert from a 4 lever to joystick. I would be very grateful if you would give me some insight. My email is chadbordner1@yahoo.com. Thanks. Chad.

daman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I love my 4 lever 755,smooth and accurate!

phantom318
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

can you send me more info on the controls and how you set them up. thanks

brown.joshd@gmail.com

bcatoe03
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is it still possible to get the instructions for this swap? Thanks.

bcatoe03@yahoo.com

bowlerman
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bcatoe03 wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:14:56 10/16/12) Is it still possible to get the instructions for this swap? Thanks.

bcatoe03@yahoo.com

could i get instructions? comp998@aol.com

Robsinno1
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 lever ford controls Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Would you mind sending the instructions to rasoule@charter.net
I just picked up a 73 4500. Thanks

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.