Yesterday's Tractor Co. Parts for Farm Tractors - Compare our Prices!
Click Here or call 800-853-2651 
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hydraulic Pump Weight

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had to ship a crankshaft this morning,,, so drug out the scales,,, enny one wanna guess the weight of a cast iron hydraulic pump,,, winner gits a cigar,,, not to short but big around,,, hit its not 100lbs

souNdguy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

63#

Mr. Hagen
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

49#

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

52 pounds

Last edited by JMOR on Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Leemo
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

70# or that seems to be how hard I was gruntin' last time I put one in.............

8N'r--WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

67.75 lbs. to be exact.

:-)

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've never experienced a cast iron one.

I will guess 90#

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a trick question.

Removing it, my guess it would weigh about 75 lbs.

But, trying to put it back, while laying on your back & doing your best to line up the ears......I'd say about 250 lbs! And, it gains about 10 lbs a minute!

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:50:30 07/24/0Cool I had to ship a crankshaft this morning,,, so drug out the scales,,, enny one wanna guess the weight of a cast iron hydraulic pump,,, winner gits a cigar,,, not to short but big around,,, hit its not 100lbs

Bruce's ciffer'n makes sense,,, wif it dang'lin out their on yer finger tips,,, 2 help dunk out it weighs the same as ?? beers,,, or less than two cases ,,,,guess again,,, just guess in Beer weight,,, cans will do

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:18:36 07/24/0Cool
Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:50:30 07/24/0Cool I had to ship a crankshaft this morning,,, so drug out the scales,,, enny one wanna guess the weight of a cast iron hydraulic pump,,, winner gits a cigar,,, not to short but big around,,, hit its not 100lbs

Bruce's ciffer'n makes sense,,, wif it dang'lin out their on yer finger tips,,, 2 help dunk out it weighs the same as ?? beers,,, or less than two cases ,,,,guess again,,, just guess in Beer weight,,, cans will do

Sounding like I shouldn't have revised my first estimate of 34.

8N'r--WI
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo you ol" rascal you----

one can of beer weighs 13.1 ounces (the empty can weighs 0.53 ounces)
13.1x24=314.4 ounces
The cardboard box the case comes in weighs 7 ounces
314.4+7=321.4
16 ounces per pound
321.4/16=20.08 pounds

If"n it weighs less than 2 cases I would say 40 lbs.

Tim

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hobo,NC wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:18:36 07/24/0Cool
Hobo,NC wrote:

I thought you said it was cast iron!!!

Now you are wanting me to figger aluminum beer cans.

I drank outta bottles.

My hydro pump is aluminum.

I figger cast is a good bit heaver than aluminum.

My aluminum one didn't weigh much the first time I pulled it and cleaned it 20 something years ago.

But the last time a couple of years ago it was heavy!!!

Put my back out for a couple of days, it did.

I barely can carry a case of Bud in tha bottle these days....(at least still in the bottles)

I am trying to build my self back up though, been doing a lot of 12oz curls....

Hobo,NC
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

34lbs close bit no cigar,,, will B back around 10

peter in the north
Regular

Location: Temiskaming, ON. That's a bit north of the Coke-Pepsi line.

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

8N'r--WI wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:40:50 07/24/0Cool Hobo you ol" rascal you----

13.1x24=314.4 ounces
314.4+7=321.4
16 ounces per pound
321.4/16=20.08 pounds

Tim

I'm new to this forum but have been lurking here for a little while. I've spent a bit of time fiddling with stuff under machinery and can agree with the fact of the increase in weight being an exponential of the time spent with the weight at the end of your fingers.

Tim, your math skills are to be commended! Wink
For the benefit of us up here in Canada; what's that in grams? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Another question, maybe a stupid one; would that calculation be the same in Canadian beer?

My new (47) 2N will be home tomorrow. I will have some pics and details then.

Great discussions here, I think some of you guys are about as old and grumpy as I am. Looking forward to becoming a part of this.

Dunk
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Hydraulic Pump Weight Reply to specific post Reply with quote

peter in the north wrote:
(quoted from post at 18:06:43 07/24/0Cool
8N'r--WI wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:40:50 07/24/0Cool Hobo you ol" rascal you----

13.1x24=314.4 ounces
314.4+7=321.4
16 ounces per pound
321.4/16=20.08 pounds

Tim

I'm new to this forum but have been lurking here for a little while. I've spent a bit of time fiddling with stuff under machinery and can agree with the fact of the increase in weight being an exponential of the time spent with the weight at the end of your fingers.

Tim, your math skills are to be commended! Wink
For the benefit of us up here in Canada; what's that in grams? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Another question, maybe a stupid one; would that calculation be the same in Canadian beer?

My new (47) 2N will be home tomorrow. I will have some pics and details then.

Great discussions here, I think some of you guys are about as old and grumpy as I am. Looking forward to becoming a part of this.

It will probably end up being 18 or 20 kilos...

I have never had any moose head, so I wouldn't know about that.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
TRACTOR   PARTS TRACTOR   MANUALS
Same-Day Shipping! Most of our stocked parts ship the same day you order (M-F).  Expedited shipping available, just call!  Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors.  Compare our super low shipping rates!  We have the parts you need to repair your tractor.  We are a Company you can trust and have generous return policies!   Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651.

YT Home  |  Forums Home

Copyright © 1997-2014 Yesterday's Tractor Co.